Chapter 9

Hope You Enjoy :)

Chapter 9

Lexi walks into her condo slamming the door behind her. She wanted scream she had another horrible day at work her grandmother was on her ass ordering her around every second. ‘I could have sworn I was the boss.’ Lexi thinks to herself. She walks into her bedroom and screams into the pillow. ‘I need to get out of here.’ she grabs her laptop and call her dad on Skype so she can tell him he needs to hurry back because she hates New York, the selfish people, and her grandmother. After ringing and ringing finally someone answer and it’s her dad with a huge grin on his face.

“Charles nice to see you’re answering now. It seems like no one in the world like to answer their phone unless they feel like it.” Lexi says through clench teeth. She hated she was comparing her father to Marie but she has been so frustrated these pass weeks that she needed to just release some of it.

“I’m sorry honey how’s New York.”

“Everything is awesome dad.” Lexi says sarcastically. But her dad doesn’t catch it because he is too busy looking behind him grinning.

“That’s good honey.” Charles reply.

Lexi rolls her eyes and asks, “Dad when are you returning.”

“About that”

“What?”

“I may be staying longer.” Charles explains “You know Sophia she’s great and I want to get to know her better.”

Lexi immediately frowns and Charles catches this. He turns around again and then he says, “Honey is everything okay.”

“No dad everything is fine.” Lexi answers but Charles know she is lying. “Who was in the room?”

“Sophia but she is gone now.” Charles answers. “Lexi I’m going to need you to talk to me. Do I need to return home?”

‘Yes!’ Lexi thinks. She wanted her dad to return home choose someone else to take over the company, leave New York and never come back unless she had too but Lexi knew she would only be selfish if she make her father return. He has finally found someone finally let her mother go. So Lexi sucks everything up and grins, “I’m just getting use to the company that’s all but NO you don’t need to return I’m a big girl.”

Charles studies Lexi and replies, “You know you can tell me anything.”

“Okay.” Lexi answers. “Honestly dad.”

“Yes.”

“You mother is hell.” Lexi half lies. “She’s been up my ass about this company. I swear dad I’m growing grey hair.”

Charles begins to laugh and this makes Lexi happy. “Honey your grandmother means well… I’m sure.”

Lexi rolls her eyes playfully, “You should go. Never keep the ladies waiting.” She finishes with a wink.

“Yes I should take advice from a player.”

“I will get you far when it comes to the ladies.”

Charles smiles and says, “I will call tomorrow I promise and I’m sorry I haven’t been talking to you much lately it’s just Sophia been keeping be busy.”

Lexi smiles , “I’m glad just no little siblings okay. “

“Not like that honey.” Charles answers.

“Are you blushing dad.” Lexi asks excited. “Didn’t think it was possible.”

“Whatever I got to go.” Charles answers. “Never keep the ladies waiting.”