Chapter 27

Enjoy :) First day of school was today and my AP Calculus teacher gave us homework. Like are you serious. I'm pretty sure you don't care. HAHA Enjoy :)

Chapter 27

 Policemen kick the door and rushes through the condo followed by doctors. Frank and Susan couldn’t believe their eyes when they saw Henry on the floor surrounded by the blood and Lexi. Lexi Mills in Marie arms. Her sweet daughter was holding Lexi for dear life with tears rushing out her eyes. “Honey.” Susan runs towards her daughter. “Please mom.” Marie cries. “Help her.”

Susan calls the doctors and they rush towards her. They start their work and lift her up on the stretcher and pulls her out. Susan was confused but didn’t dare ask questions. Once outside Marie was surrounded by reporters she didn’t care what they thought though. She stayed by Lexi side no matter what. They we’re asking questions but she couldn’t hear anything it was like it was all a daze. She couldn’t believe that this really happen. She continues to pinch herself hoping she would wake up and be in the beautiful arms of her lover.

Finally they we’re at the hospital sitting in the waiting room. Marie just sat there and finally Susan walks over to her, “Honey are you okay.” The brunette just continues to stare at the wall. The while dull wall. She was in shock her clothes was still bloody including her hands. The TV snaps her out of her thoughts. Headlines ‘This is live Lexi Mills has been shot no one knows why but we are outside the hospital now where she is being treated. Oh wait here goes her father and grandmother! Angie? Charles? Do you know anything about this?”

Marie shuts her eyes tight. ‘The first time I meet Lexi family is here in a hospital during the time she was shot. This is so messed up.’ The brunette buries her head in her knees. Then she starts shaking really hard. ‘Get the hell out my way! Where’s my granddaughter.’ She can hear Angie voice getting louder and closer. Marie heart begins to speed up. ‘This is all my fault. My fault!’ she repeats over and over and over again. Then she feels hands on her head, “Honey it is not your fault?” Marie looks up to see Lexi father standing in front of her. He gives her a fake smile like he was forcing it.

“I said that out loud?” Marie asks in a whisper. Then the brunette begins to cry, “I’m so sorry I didn’t mean for any of this to happen.”

Charles pulls Marie into a hug and says, “Look it is not your fault. She loves you and she will fight for you.”

Marie pulls back confused she wipes her tears away and asks, “You know. I mean she told you?”

“Yes Lexi told me the day I came back.” Charles smiles.

“You don’t have a problem with her dating the enemy.”  Marie asks.

“No love is love.” Charles answers. “And Lexi loves you.”

The tears begin to fall again. “I should have fought harder. I should have stopped him.”

“Lexi wouldn’t want you to blame yourself.” Charles says. “It’s going to be okay.”

“Charles! Charles!” Angie screams. “They say she was shot by Henry!” Marie could see Charles flinch at the name. She saw Lexi dad clench his fist like he was trying to control his anger. Then Angie walks up and says, “You! Marie your goddamn husband shot my baby.”

Marie flinch and then tears begin to fall again.

“Angie.” Charles spat. “It’s not her fault. Now stop it.”

Marie thought things couldn’t get any worse. But like always things never went her way. She heard her mom voice, “You’re right Charles it wasn’t my daughter fault. You should be happy she was there to help your daughter. What she and Henry had…had nothing to do with my daughter.”