Chapter 6

Enjoy

Chapter 6

“Hello darling.”

Marie looks shock and asks, “What are you doing here?”

“I can’t come see my daughter.” Susan answers.

“No it’s just I was just leaving out.” Marie explains. Then her eyes go big when she sees Lexi walking down the hall towards her door.

She pulls her mom in her condo and shut the door. She starts to panic

 Lexi was about to knock in a couple of seconds. “Mom can you do me a favor.”

“What is it honey.”

“Can you go through my closet and find me a dress for Henry we’re going out to dinner and I want to look nice.” Marie says all in one breathe.

“I think it’s best to buy a new one.” Susan says thinking of what color would look good on her daughter.

“Go look something up on my computer.” Marie shouts. “I’m going to get you something to drink.”

“Okay honey calm down.” Susan says. “It’s only Henry.” She then walks towards Marie bedroom.

Marie then hears three knocks at her door she turns around and opens the door to see Lexi with a cup of coffee in her hand. Marie takes in the blonde, her hair was up in a pony-tail and she had on some white ripped shorts with a grey shirt that hung off one shoulder and showed her belly saying ‘Eat Me’ in big white letters and some grey low top converse. “Hey.” Marie waves.

Lexi laughs, “Are you going to invite me in or continue to stare.

“I wasn’t staring it’s just I’ve never seen you dress soooo.” Marie replies.

“So normal.”

“Yes that.” Marie grins. “You look great.”

“Thanks you do too.” Lexi replies. “Are you ready?”

“Honey I found a perfect dress.” Susan shouts. “Who’s that at the door?”

“Shit!” Marie panics pushing Lexi out the door shutting it in her face. She totally forgot about her mother.

Lexi looks at the door that just got slam in her face. ‘What did I say?” she thinks to herself. She was about to knock until she receive a text from Marie that said. ‘I’m so sorry my mother is in here can you wait in the lobby for me please.’

Lexi laughs and walks to the lobby.

“Mom I have to go.” Marie says. “Make yourself comfortable.”

“Where are you off to?” her mother asks.

“I have to go run by the bank.” Marie answers kissing her mother on the cheek grabbing her purse and walking out the door.

Susan stands there looking confused.

Marie runs down to the lobby before her mom follows her asking more questions. She finds Lexi sitting in the lobby drinking her coffee reading a magazine. She grabs her by the wrist and they both run outside.

“I parked right here.” Lexi says.

They both jump into the white Aston Martin and when Marie sees her mother walking outside she sinks into the sit and yells, “Drive!”