Chapter 37 ~ In Order To Save Them

Mika’s POV

“NO!” He yells as I feel the blood slowly but surely pouring out of me. I’ve been shot in the chest. But it’s okay; he’s coming for me. I can see him running toward me, worry written all over his face. He will save me. It’ll be fine. But who shot me in the first place? Then I see the culprit, well there are a few culprits and they’re called Robo.

They surround me, at the same time blocking my view of him running to me. I hear him protest but can’t make out his words. The blood keeps coming and plastic machines with monsters inside pick me up and carry me to the back of a white van. I should be struggling and trying to get away but I’m too tired, I’ve lost too much blood. I try to search for him and finally meet his eyes as they set me down, everything starts to slowly come to a stop as I look into his eyes and feel my body go still. I was killed by Robo and died in the back of a white van. Lucas’s blue eyes are the last things I see before I let the blackness shut everything out.

An agonising pain rips through me and I lurch awake to find that I’m in my room and it was just a nightmare, a scarily familiar nightmare. And the man with the eyes is the same as the one I saw yesterday at the riot. Lucas. Did I know him? Did he know me?  

Spencer’s POV

“There’s a bloody MOTHERSHIP down the road and no one thought to tell me? Why not?” EK yells.

“We need a plan of attack, like now!” E yells.

“I know that young man, but first we need to sort out something more important.” Magna says, turning to me and nodding, it’s time to go get Lucas, and she wants me to do it.

Lucas’ POV

“Hello?” I hear someone say quietly from behind the door and I instantly know who it is. I gather myself and answer.

“You can come in Spencer.” I hear a relieved sigh and the door starts to open. For the few seconds the door’s open I see commotion behind him, people running around, the door then closes, leaving me confused.

“What’s going on?” I look up at Spencer.

“Um, I’ll get to that, but we need to talk about something else first.” I sigh and look at my cut and bruised hands.

“Did Magna send you here?”

“No.” Spencer insists, I look at him and he looks back.

“Lucas,” He starts but I stop him,

“Magna’s already said everything that needs to be said Spencer, now tell me what’s going on outside.” He looks defeated, I don’t mean to be like that but it’s just the way I am, and I need a distraction from my emotions.

“A mothership has been spotted close by, Magna wants to send out a team to investigate then report back.”

As soon as I heard the word mothership I was up and getting ready.

“Who’s on the team with me?” I ask as I get my jacket.

“Um, you’re not on the team Lucas.” I stop and turn to him.

“Why not? Is it because I’m a bit sad that Magna feels I’m incapable of doing anything?” I spit out.

“You were a lot more than a bit sad Lucas and no that’s not the reason,”

“Then what is the reason!? I should be going! Give me one good reason to stay behind!” I yell, Spencer defeated and scared face turns hard and angry. He walks out the room, and as he’s closing the door he looks back at me, a single tear rolling down his tensed face.

“Mika.” I do a double take.

“What?” I whisper.

“There’s your one good reason. EK’s waiting for you, and I wouldn’t keep her waiting if I were you.” And with that he walks out, leaving the door open a tad. I walk over slowly and watch everyone racing about. I know I should stop being selfish and help in whatever way I can, but that’s not really how I roll, Mika called me a ‘stubborn meathead of a boy’. In some way, I think she’s right.

I close the door and walk away.

Spencer’s POV

“Where is he?” EK asks me as we walk to the front door and out onto the driveway.

“I don’t know.” And with that we reach E at one of the cars.

“Where?” He starts but is cut off by EK, “He’s not coming.” She then opened the front seat of the car and promptly slammed it shut. E and I shrugged and got in. E started the car and we drove off, leaving behind everyone else in order to save them.