Chapter 32 ~ A Story

Spencer’s POV

“Whose turn is it?” Oscar asks the circle. His answer is a chorus of dismissal grunts and the shrugging of shoulders. As I look around the room I see the older kids sitting on top of each other and smoking, then there’s us, the 17 year olds sitting in a circle, ready to hear a story.

“I’ll go.” Says a voice from outside the circle and in the shadows. We all crane our heads to see who spoke but we don’t need to look hard as the figure steps out the shadows. It’s an older guy, around 20 I think. I don’t know, but he looks familiar.

Oscar looks uncertain but nods at him and tells him to go ahead; even the older kids are listening now. The sandy coloured hair guy leans against the wall and starts his story.

“There was once a girl, she had blonde hair, grey eyes and a calm but cold demeanour about her. This girl was a big part of society and she knew it, but she didn’t care. Didn’t care about all the girls who wanted to be her friend, didn’t care about the boys who wanted to kiss her, didn’t even care about her family. There was only one person she spoke to, and even they didn’t talk to anyone else,”

“Who was it?” Some dumbass kid asks, the guys face goes dark as he glares at the kid.

“Do not interrupt me, or I will stop the story in the worst way possible.” Everyone was silent and the kid got a slap on the head. He nods and goes back to his story.

“This person is irrelevant to the story at the moment but don’t worry, you’ll find out who he is soon enough. Anyway, this girl was very smart, the smartest of all. So when a war started she was the one everyone went to, even her parents. Oh did I mention that she was a princess? I didn’t did I? Well she was and when war broke out her parents went to her for advice. Except by the time they went to ask her for help it was too late, the enemy had captured her and everyone was dead. The bad guys stormed into the king and queen’s house and got attacked by the queen, she fell quickly and there was no sign of the king. The enemy moved into the palace and soon ran the whole world, only two of the original habitants remained and that was the princess and her companion.

Turns out the princess was all for becoming the new leader, she didn’t approve of her parents old ways and now she had the chance to rule how she wanted. Her companion, the other survivor became her advisor and General of the Army. A few years on and another planet was found, she sent them there in hope of spreading her rule, to this day they are still fighting little pockets of resistance on the planet.” And with that last sentence he slunk back into the shadows. A few minutes of silence passed until everyone started talking at once.

“Sounds like us and the Robo.” Oscar said. That’s when it clicked.

“It is.” I whispered.

“What?” Oscar laughed nervously.

“He was talking about us, he just told us the story of the Robo Queen. She’s not a Robo.” I jump up whilst everyone else looks at me like a madman. I cannot tell these kids anything clever; they just don’t get it! Who can I tell? Magna and Lucas. Lucas!

Lucas’ POV

I’m just sitting in my room when I hear an urgent knock on my door. I don’t take my eyes off my book as I tell them to come in.

“Yes? What do you want?” When I hear Spencers voice answer me I’m shocked, we haven’t spoken to each other since we got here.

“Sorry to disturb you but it’s really important.” He sounds like he’s been running. The White House is big so he probably has. I put my book down and get up to find a shirt to put on.

“It’s about the Robo Queen Lucas, I know where and what she is!” He says excitedly like a kid who just discovered chocolate.

“Okay, spill.” Knowing what Spencer’s like when he gets like this, I stay quiet as I let him rant.

“Okay, so the story started off with a girl with blonde hair and grey eyes, she was smart and only talked to one person. She was the princess. Then her world was attacked and she was taken, her mother was killed but no one knows where the king went. So when everyone was dead she became queen and ruled the enemy of her parents and their kingdom. Right, so she’s queen and has all this power and she’s living in the palace when they find a planet that’s habitable and so she decides to conquer it, meanwhile the friend has become her advisor and General of the Army so he goes with them, then she comes down too. Well he didn’t say that but it’s pretty obvious.” That’s where I stop him.

“Who’s he? Who told you this story?” Spencer looks at me confused.

“He was around 20 and had sandy coloured hair, I couldn’t tell anything else because he was in the shadow of the doorway but he did look a bit familiar, like,”

“You’ve seen him before.” I finish Spencers sentence. He looks at me even more confused.

“Do you know who he is?” I tug down my t-shirt and turn to Spencer.

“Did he have grey eyes?” I ask.

“I don’t know, wait. Yes he did! I saw them for a brief second though.” I bend down and reach under my bed.

“But that’s not the point. I find what I was looking for and jump up, bag in hand.  I walk towards the door.

“Walk with me.” I say to Spencer and we start down the hallway, walking quickly.

“So? Do you know who he is?” Spencer asks.

“Never mind that, tell me more of what you know about the Queen.”

“Okay, well once the guy had finished Oscar, some kid, said that his story sounded like us and the Robo when it came to me, his story was about us and the Robo, and the girl wasn’t a Robo in the beginning so that means that the queen isn’t a Robo!”

I nod, “Good, keep going.” We turn a corner and Spencer continues.

“So if this story is about us and the Robo then the queen doesn’t run the Army, the friend did. So the friend has got to be on Earth too!” He stops.

“And?” I ask as we turn yet another corner.

“And that’s all I got.”

“Good job Spencer, you did great.” I say and I see him swell up with pride.

“But you did miss one important question.” He shrinks back down.

“What?”

“How did this guy know that much about the queen?”

“He was told?”

“No, I don’t think the princess’s childhood is something you share with people.”

“What are you saying Lucas?”

“I’m saying that I know who he is.” Then we turned the last corner until our destination.

“Who?” Spencer starts walking backwards so he can see me.

“He’s the friend, he’s the General of the Army.” Spencer freezes and soon he runs to catch up with me.

“Here? Why would he be here and why would he tell us all that?”

“You said he looked familiar right?” I smirk to myself; this is the good bit.

“Yeah?” He replies unsure.

“Like you’ve seen him in a dream 3 or so years ago?” It takes him a while to get what I’m saying, and when he does, he swears under his breath and we continue walking in silence.