34. Negotiation and murder pt.1

Start from the beginning

"Is that all?"

"No, we need you to be a spy for the Vongola. You'll simply watch them and report every detail of their movement, specifically Reborn and that Vongola candidate."

"But ...that would mean betraying them... I don't think I—"

"Elias, my adorable niece, did you really think that your request are easy to process? Your technically releasing the most notorious criminals out there!" He cuts me off before I could finish.

"Those children are not criminal! They wouldn't be if they weren't put in such hellish conditions."

"That may be true, but what's done is done, they're already labelled as criminals. Not only that you requested for four names under your full authority, one of them just happens to be one of the most troublsome."

"But my request can still be completed, am I correct?" I asks, never imagining myself to be negotiating a mafioso in my whole life.

"Yes, it can and it will as long as you fulfill my demands. So do we got ourselves a deal?" He chuckle ominously, his hand reaching out for me, waiting for me to shake it, to seal the deal.

I look at his hand, contemplating about our deal. The moment I shake his hand, it meant that my freedom are forever tied in the family that my father struggled cutting, all of my father's work would be in vain because of me and my stupid request. I took a deep breath and shook his hand without any hesitation.

"Also, don't just think your going to leave that easily. I've assigned some professional tutors to train you for the your upcoming battle of successors, that's a year from now but it doesn't hurt to start early."

"For how long would I be staying then?"

"Well, for as long as your trutors think you can handle ...it. Also, I've hired your favorite teacher, so that your stay here won't be that horrible." He chuckles ominously, obviously hiding some unspoken messages in words.

"Thank you for your consideration, uncle. I shall be taking my leave then."

I quickly bowed and left his office, which happen to be one of my most disliked places to be in now. Each step away from that place, I felt like I was able to breath, I can't believe myself, an ex-otaku girl, was able to manage to make a terrifying negotiation with that devil. Walking away also made me think of several things, like;

...Fon-nii's here?

I was having a mixed emotion about the news, there weren't an exact date that I could go home, no, he didn't specify a specific date so that they could potentially keep me here until the succession battle. I was glad that Fon nii might be here and at the same time I was worried for Hari as my stay in Italy was going to be longer than I expected. I tried to set a date until I perfected everything;

3 months...

In 3 months, I finish everything and I will not go home alone but with all four of them. I set myself a goal, hoping to get out of here.

___

In the first month of training, it was mostly like an review of hand-in-hand combats from Fon-nii, as they focused on getting me in shape (apparently I only have flabs not abs), then they went for my weapon compatibility. Oh, and let me tell you that guns or bows or any long to mid range weapon are not exactly my forte, probably due to the trauma I experience in my old life, being shot without getting killed right away is such a horrifying experience. Though, short range weapons are my absolute best friend.

On the second month though...

l must say that it was my most darkest time, or should I say how I slowly lost my humanity. They tried to teach me withdrawing my flames of will, but I couldn't just produce any will of flames to the point they gave up, and decided to throw me on a life and death mission.