Sugar-heat

Sam stiffened at the all-too-familiar voice from behind him. Clenching his fists, he turned to face him. Well, look down at him. Gabriel stood on the middle of the study, a casual smile on his face. Sam wanted to slap it off.

“What are you doing here?” Sam asked quietly, his voice just a tad breathy. Gabriel raised an eyebrow at him.

“Checking on you, duh”

Sam snorted. “As if you care about me”

Gabriel’s smile slipped of his face and he furrowed his eyebrows. He took a step closer and he seemed to grow in anger. His eyes burned with sparks of green and gold.

“Wasn’t I clear enough to you?”

Sam laughed, slow and dark, but it shook slightly “You just want to tease me” Gabriel shook his head angrily.

“No, I wouldn’t tease you, Sam. Not when you understand me so well. And you know it”

Sam looked down at his feet. He did know it. In his heart, he knew that the trickster, even with his exterior of witty remarks and carelessness, was incredibly lonely. He was broken up over what happened with his brothers. Sam understood him. He looked back up at Gabriel, whose anger was slowly leaking out of his extraordinary eyes. And Sam forgot his worry over what Dean would think about him when he saw the hickey and let himself look at Gabriel.

His heart was shining out of his eyes, unhindered. On his mouth, a small smile of hope. Sam felt any bit of resistance melt out of him when he saw that smile. Gabriel saw it leave Sam and the smile widened, dimples flashing in his cheeks. Grabbing the collar of Sam’s shirt, Gabriel tugged him down to plant his lips against Sam’s.

Heat, Sam was drowning in the heat. Gabriel’s lips moved against his own; he tasted like sugar. He lifted his hands to bury them in Gabriel’s hair and pulled him closer, deepening the kiss. He never wanted to let go. He forgot about his family outside, about his own demon blood. In that moment, the seconds seemed to slow down to a crawl, to match the thrum of Gabriel’s heart that he could feel against his chest. Gabriel was heat and sweetness and comfort. He hadn’t felt such absolute surety since Jessica. He nipped at Gabriel’s lip.

Gabriel pulled away, panting slightly. His pupils were incredibly huge.

You make me want to write crappy, romantic poetry” He stated. Sam grinned but didn't look away from Gabriel's red, soft lips. He didn’t want to talk, he wanted to pull Gabriel against him and simply be close to him. He wanted to feel the comfort of someone who knew your soul and loved it. Gabriel ran a hand down Sam’s neck. He leaned into the touch, wondering how even the smallest of touches filled him with fire. Gabriel stopped at the hickey, a smile tugging at his mouth.

“My first mark” He rested his head in the crook of Sam’s neck, breathing him in. He planted a kiss on the purple bruise.

“Not the last, I hope” Sam said teasingly.Gabriel looked up at him, the familiar glint in his eyes that were brown and green-gold and all the colours in between. Sam wanted to sink into them.

“You’re surprisingly soppy, Moose”

Sam blushed slighlty “Says you, candy-man”

Gabriel laughed, clear and free, and smashed his lips to Sam’s again.