Xu Jun nods and hesitantly opens. "Can I take Baby, I mean, my cat with me?"

The butler shifts his gaze to Li Ming, who cutely blinks his big black eyes. The usually strict and refined butler can't help but smile a bit. "Of course, young master."

They proceed to walk inside the house and Li Ming gets the shock of his life. Rich people are indeed rich. He feels blinded by all the ostentatious displays in the house. His human seems used to the sight of all the luxury. And now that Li Ming thinks about it, no normal twenty-two year old third rate actor can own a two-storey house in the middle of a buzzling city.

The butler halts in front of a heavy oakwood door. "The master is inside." He opens the door and asks Xu Jun to proceed inside. The actor stiffly walks in, schooling his expression to a neutral one. Good thing it's dark inside so even if his real emotion leaks outside, it isn't too obvious.

Li Ming, as a cat, has a good eyesight even if put in a dark room. They seem to have gone inside a home movie theater. A movie is playing on a 150" projector screen. Li Ming roams his eyes around and spots a silhouette of a man seating leisurely on one of the reclining sofas. Xu Jun slowly and quietly goes to the direction of the man and proceeds to take the seat beside him.

Xu Jun silently cries inside his heart. He doesn't know what is going on. His brother suddenly appearing after years of no contact is now watching his movie. Yes, Xu jun is cast in this movie albeit a minor role. What does this mean? Xu Jun doesn't think his brother is interested in his career as an actor, hence, the root of their estrangement. His brother had wanted him to work in the company but Xu Jun has always known himself. He isn't capable of doing office work and his passion lies in acting and getting to play different roles. His brother is not going to block him, right?

The behaved furry creature comfortably nestled on the actor's lap doesn't know what to think of the situation. The older man, presumably, Wei Xiaolong, doesn't even give a single glance to the new addition in the room. He simply continues watching the movie. His posture, two elbows comfortably resting on the arm rests, hands locked together on his bossom, seems to show complete relaxation. Xu Jun, on the other hand, is stiff all over. Li Ming thinks that his human isn't watching a movie but rather waiting for his execution. Li Ming might do a double take if he finds out how accurate his assessment is.

Li Ming thinks that he needs to alleviate the situation. His human is a lost case so he might try something with the brother then. Getting down on the floor, the folded-ear cat slowly prowls to the other man's seat. With a leap, he lands on a warm lap. He parks his butt on that very same lap and stares at the handsome man with his big black eyes.

Oh wow! Now this is a man. With light coming from the screen, Li Ming can make out the gorgeous features of Wei Xiaolong. Sword-shaped eyebrows, a perfect straight nose, a pair of narrow golden eyes framed by thick lashes, and thin lips set in a straight line are all perfectly proportioned on a shapely face. Li Ming has seen his fair share of gorgeous men while he's on Earth. But Wei Xialong is the best specimen he has laid his eyes on. He is just his type!

Probably feeling the heated gaze on his person, Wei Xiaolong glances at the small thing on his lap. Big black shining eyes, reminiscent of the universe, stare unblinkingly right back at him. His lips twitch in a small smile. What a weird cat. Normally animals are wary or afraid of him. Some humans too. He pets the white head and feels the soft fur. He scratches some more until the white furry ball is purring in pleasure. He scoops the cat and positions it above his chest, one arm preventing it from falling off. Wei Xiaolong returns his gaze back to the movie while still rubbing the small animal.

Li Ming can't understand the sense of security he gets being held in this person's embrace. For as long as he remembers, he detests the touch of strangers. That is why in his twenty five years of existence, he has never had a lover. He tried to go for one night stand before, picking up a man in a gay bar. When they went down to business, a sense of wrongness engulfed his whole body and he apologised profusely before they could do more. He drove home that night in frustration.