Li Ming removes the legs covering his eyes, and glares at the red ball floating before him. Meng! Xiao Hong quickly disappears out of sight.

Now what? Li Ming gets up in all fours and stretches its surprisingly light and flexible body. He tries to speak human language but he can only produce mewling sounds. He carefully explores the layout of the room he's in. It looks like the living room. He leaps instictively and lands on the leather sofa safely. He prowls to the other end and proceeds to jump on the next surface.

Li Ming keeps doing this, his butt up on the air, shaking left then right. Then leaps. And this is the scene Xu Jun catches when he enters the living room.

 And this is the scene Xu Jun catches when he enters the living room

(Baby, eyes should be black though.)

------

Li Ming who is immersed in his "practice" doesn't notice Xu Jun filming him until he turns around. He stiffens, eyes going wide being caught off guard. "Baby, why are you so meng!" Xu Jun coos, stops the video function in his phone, and proceeds to pick up his baby.

"What the hell! Put me down!" screams an indignant Li Ming. Based on the memory of this body, Li MIng figures the cat loves its owner. While Xu Jun appears quiet and lonesome to strangers or outsiders, he is very much like any other cat lover in front of this white furry animal.

Xu Jun glomps the hissing cat, burying his face on the soft fur. Ah his baby is the best.

Feeling defeated, Li Ming quiets down but still squirms in Xu Jun's hold. He'd like to hold a cat too, ah! How ironic. In his previous human body, he's allergic to furry animals. But that has never hindered him from liking them, especially cats. He admires their independence and wit, and their ability to sell meng without even doing anything. Yet now, look at him. A cat. An all white folded-ear cat! Is god mocking him? He gives a sad meow.

"Baby? What's wrong?" inquires Xu Jun, brown moonstone eyes holding a touch of concern.

Li Ming's right eye twitches. "Baby? What baby! Your family is a baby!" Right, he named this pet Baby. FML.

Interpretting the cute mewls as "I am hungry. Feed me, Hooman." Xu Jun dutifully brings "Baby" to the kitchen. He puts him down on the floor and takes out cat food. Filling the bowl with enough food, he urges his cute baby to eat. Normally, the white cat pounces right away when he sees his favorite treat but today his baby is acting a bit spoiled. Ah so meng!

Li Ming makes a face palm expression. "Are you kidding me? You expect me to eat this?"

Xu Jun hears the cute mewls but Baby still hasn't touched his food. "Baby, what's wrong?" He strokes Baby's head, then under his chin until the cat purrs in delight. "This is your favorite meal, ah. Why aren't you eating? Do you want me to feed you?" Xu Jun happily rubs his baby until he feels his phone vibrating in his back pocket. He stands and checks to see the caller.

Li Ming, on the other hand, wants to dig a hole and bury himself in shame. What just happened? He purred. He purred. That needs to be said twice. When he's being rubbed on the spot under his chin, he has felt good. Li Ming silently sheds manly tears.

"Eep!" A squeak catches his attention, Li Ming's ears twitch. He cocks his head in Xu Jun's direction. "Why is bro-brother calling? Oh no, what to do." Before the actor can make a decision, the vibration stops. Li Ming observes in wry amusement how the color drains from Xu Jun's face which is clearly showing a horrified expression.

Xu Jun hangs his head dejectedly and trudges to Baby. He slumps down on the floor, picks up his cat, and envelops him in an embrace - an act of seeking solace. "Baby, that call just now is from my brother. You know the last time we talked was four years ago and we parted in a bad way. Suddenly calling like that really caught me by surprise."

One human, one cat, locked in a tight embrace makes for a curious sight. Li Ming decides to indulge the lonely guy for the moment. He recalls the original fate of Xu Jun. Li Ming inwardly sighs; outwardly, he lifts one leg and pats him comfortedly at the back. "Regardless of reasons, I am now your cat. I won't let people bully you."

Hearing the soft meows beside his ear, Xu Jun feels a warm feeling flowing to his chest.

(My image for Xu Jun is Yang Yang.)