Chapter 16

Mark's POV

I don't understand how, but I am alive. Someone came looking for my body but I was hidden. They put a blanket over my whole body, I'm guessing to hide my body Incase someone looks in this closet. I don't know who hid me but I am too weak to move. They sounded scared that I wasn't there, but it has been quiet since then.

"Sir I don't know, I came in to take the body to examine it and the body is gone!" It was the scared person.

Shit, I gotta stay quiet.

"HOW DOES A BODY DISAPPEAR? Who brought him in here?"

"I did sir." there was a third voice, I know this voice.

"Well, where is he?"

"I don't know sir, I left his body on the floor then went to my room."

"Why did you go to your room?"

"Sir, that was my best friend, I had to pull myself together so I could get the next battle room ready."

"If I find out you are lying, the next battle will be Ethan eating a snickers bar. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes, sir."

There were two sets of footsteps walking out of the room. After a few minutes, Tyler walked over to me opening the door. He took the blanket off  of me.

"I have to keep you in here a little longer, here is some water and some snacks. They all have some sort of nuts in them because they are trying to kill Ethan. I will try to get you tonight."

"Thank you, Tyler."

He put the blanket back on me closing the door then walked out of the room. I took a drink of the water and ate some trail mix. It hurt to move, thank god I didn't need to. I was able to listen to the people walk past, they just talked about how they didn't want to be here and that they hope the cops find us soon. I almost fell asleep until I heard Amy's voice.

"LET ME GO! YOU KILLED MARK!" I tried to get up, I need to protect her. I threw the blanket off of me.

"Amy hush you are going to get us caught, I am taking you to a safe place." It was Ethan.

"And why should I listen to you?"

"Because that is Ethan." It was Tyler, I lied back down putting the blanket back on me. I need to be alive to help her.

"Who are you?" she was freaking out. "Tyler? Oh my God."

"Yes now let's go, they will notice you are gone and NOT in the waiting area for the battle. I promised Mark I would keep you safe."

All three footsteps went away from me. Tyler was right, it wasn't long till they came looking for her. After a long time of laying there alone Tyler ran in and threw a trash bag over me.

"Get in now! they are looking for Amy and not you."

I climbed in as fast as I could but it hurt like hell. He put me in a trash can and put some filled bags on top of me then wheeled me down the hall.

"What is in those bags?" it sounded like the leader of this hell hole.

"Trash sir," Tyler responded so calmly.

"Why are you not looking for Amy?"

"Sir I have know Amy for a long time, she is not in this building. YOU killed Mark, she found a way out. There is no point in looking for someone who is not here."

"Why are you so sure of that?"

"When it comes to fighting, she is just like Mark. She will not give up. Felix told them we are in the city. It is just a matter of time before someone notices her on the street."