The words were clear as day, the whispers coming from the shadows, I pulled at my skin, clawed at my eyes and hit my head to make them go away. Jayden ran to my feet the shadows moving from around his ankles only to close his exit after he had moved. He knelt in front of me, his hands cupping my cheeks.

"Charlotte! Listen to me! You can make them go away!" His voice started to make sense and I closed my eyes, praying it could all be over and that reality would set back in - maybe he had knocked me out while fighting and I haven't woke up yet. Blood dripped from my neck and on to my chest, I knew it was real. I screamed again as a shadow crawled up my arm, I felt as though I was choking.

"Jayden." I gargled, double checking I could speak. He lifted me up and rested me against his chest, his hands tapped my shoulders in a rhythm to steady my breathing, as it regulated my eyes became heavy with sleep. I fell backwards and Jayden's arms circled me, he carried me to the bed before I lost consciousness. Then the darkness took over.

****

Darkness was behind my eyelids and I almost set myself into panic mode before I realised I had the power to open them. The light flooded in and my eyes burned with the light that had imposed my darkness but I wanted to escape that darkness. When i had adjusted to the flood of brightness, I knew exactly where I was and sighed exasperatedly.

"Good evening, fair daughter of mine" I could tell it was painful for his mouth to say those words most of all to try and make it sound like he actually cared. I stared around my glass prison I had spent most of my life in.

"I take it you know why you are here?" He stood inches away from the glass and I didn't bother to rise to my feet to meet him any closer. Instead I lay with my back against the cool surface.

"If I knew that, I would already be free." I muttered and I caught an amused grin on his face. All lights in the room were a bright white and the intensity of them seemed to blind him, so I knew he wouldn't stay for long.

"The purpose of the box is to learn your lesson, with that attitude you might be in here for some time. Farewell daughter." With the final words he left the room and shut the outer lights of the box off so behind the glass was darkness. I stayed put, awaiting an epiphany to what might the lesson be for me to learn, though they were next of impossible to crack. When I would finally realise the lesson, the walls will dissolve around me and I would be freed. Till then I sit slumped against the glass reading the book, I have been reading since I was eight. As a child I spent most of my life in this box, especially after mother died and her infidelity was revealed to her dearest husband - more like a brute. A prison that was designed almost a hundred years ago when the world was at the beginning of the war in 2030. Maybe that world could've accepted me but nothing would change now. I turned the century year old pages that had creased with age and read the same familiar words I had read over a thousand times.

"Romeo and Juliet. Good book." My eyes snapped away from the book, focusing into the darkness. Was my mind playing tricks on me? I couldn't see anybody, I had not heard the door open but I definitely heard that. If it was my mind, I might as well indulge myself of the boredom I would be facing the next few hours or days.

"Yes it is." I whispered and I heard the faint sound of footsteps, now I know I could not have imagined that right? I continued to read the pages of love and betrayal before the male spoke again.

"Why are you not at the party?" His voice was beautiful, music to my ears and I placed the book at the side of me. I stood to my feet and approached the glass wall, I pressed my hands against it and looked deeper into the abyss.

"Why aren't you?" I raised an eyebrow and awaited a response and sure enough I heard the small chuckle of a male echo through the dark room. I smiled, hoping he could see me and footsteps could be heard again. For a second I caught a glimpse of his eyes, noticing the whites in the darkness and the tinge of red in the center.

"I thought I should go explore, see what pretty things I could find." He added another little chuckle and I laughed aloud. The ruffles of my dress pressed against the glass and I had to move away to straighten it out

"I'm here to learn a lesson." As he was doing, I began to walk around my box, stealing glances to the direction I thought he was in. Who was he? Why didn't I hear or see him enter my prison? At least if he's a predator I know the box will keep me safe.

"And what lesson would that be?" His footsteps had stopped and his eyes focused on me again, I turned on the spot and flashed a smile.

"I don't know yet. Who are you?" I peered once more through the mirror of the outside world, trying to find the man who had made me smile and laugh, something I haven't done in a long time. My breath created small spots of air on the glass and sometimes I'd be breathing so intently I could no longer see out.

"Curious I see?" His laugh seemed closer though he was still masked by the cloud of darkness. I wanted so desperately to see his face and his response told me I might not get to find out. If only I could escape this box, I could find out for myself.

"Wouldn't you be?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe if I help you learn your lesson, you can join me at the dance?" He calls out of the darkness once again, my body growing in anticipation to see his face but still he remained hidden.

"You might be here for some time then." I sighed and rubbed my arms with a chill, catching some of my wounds that were still healing. I had the urge to scratch at my skin again but I held myself back.

"Is that a yes to the dance?" He laughed causing me to laugh again, I took a step back from the glass and into the bright light of the box, that didn't seem to make a difference to the outside.

"Well, I am dressed for it and you would be helping me....how could I say no?" I asked rhetorically and I felt a brief movement from behind my see through prison.

"Shall I help you learn your lesson then?" A playful tone echoed out towards me and I tilted my head, holding back a smile. I nodded, I had guessed he could see me and by the small sigh of content I had been correct.

"Or I could do this?"

_______________________________________

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter nd it's only the beginning of something soooo biigg!!!

Keep reading and don't forget to comment and vote, it means alot to read feedback.

HADES_ANGEL666 xxx