{ P R O L O G U E }

Start from the beginning

"It's nothing to fuss over. Just," Fang Jie hesitates. He subconsciously kneads his left chest. "My heart, it's hurting."

"AH! What nothing! Your heart is the source of your power! If it's feeling painful, then something is definitely wrong!" explodes the brother.

"Oh."

The brother almost strangles his pitiful younger brother because of his lackluster response. He breathes in and out for a few passing moments. "Ah Jie, Ah Jie. Your power is called Infinite Heart," he begins. "Under normal circumstances you feel emotions in moderation. However, once you suffer a shock, your feelings intensify. Sadness becomes depression. Anger to madness. Happiness to lunacy. Do you get me?" Fang Jie nods. "Now, are you going to tell me what happened? Or do I have to go out and investigate on my own?"

Fang Jie stills for a second before he opens up. As expexted, his brother reveals an ominous expression. He stands and is about to disappear in a flash when Fang Jie stops him. "It's not worth it, brother." Yes, at that time he found his lover cheating, he was upset, devastated, and overall, heartbroken. He had wanted to wipe out the slag ex-lover and his partner in that instant; wanted to lash out; wanted to scream; wanted to ... claw out his heart. And then what?

The brother purses his lips before sighing. "You..." are too soft-hearted.

They stare at each other for a long time. Neither one of them wanting to yield over the other. Finally, the brother can no longer keep up his stern posture and is the first to look away. Fang Jie smiles briefly. "Brother, why have you come this time?"

The aforementioned brother pouts, completely disregarding his high and mighty status. "What, I can't come when I don't have a reason? Ah Jie, you don't even miss me in the time you don't see me?"

"Nope," smiles Fang Jie.

"You rascal!"

They bicker for a while and talk about the happenings in their realm and the different worlds. They have not seen each other for hundreds of years so the topics of their conversation are endless. Fang Jie convinces his brother to stay in one of the caves in Xiao-ping Guo.

After some time Fang Jie slowly recovers his vitality by consuming soul-nurturing herbs given by his brother. However, the root of his problem comes from the heart. As long as it is not eradicated, no amount of heaven-defying treasure can save him. One day, his brother proposes, "Fang Jie, have you ever considered removing your heart?"

The small god stiffens. "I have." A lot of times.

"What's stopping you?"

Fang Jie directly stares at his brother's eyes, as if wanting to see through him. Satisfied, he reveals more about his ability. "One heart, one life. It is equivalent to dying and gaining another life, bypassing reincarnation. If I remove this heart, I will lose every memory I have on this lifetime. Everything I have experienced, I will forget them - the places I have gone to, the people I have met, and the feelings and emotions I have felt. The only thing that remains is my godhood." Fang Jie hears the person next to him inhale sharply. "Every time I think about the consequences of using my power, I feel a cold sensation. As if..." once I start, I'll never be able to stop.

They share a period of silence, only the rustling of the cherry blossoms can be heard on the background. Two beautiful immortals sit under the magnificent blooming trees, creating a very picturesque scene.

"What if I give you a spell that can keep your memories?" his brother opens.

Fang Jie swivels his head to the other god. His pitch black eyes widen from the news. "Brother, you know such omnipotent spell?" his voice slightly excited.