Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

Walking into my studio, I almost felt the need to dust everywhere. I had deserted the studio for weeks, Aaron didn't like the studio and the work I did in the studio so after our argument  I didn't want to upset him even further and decided to back away from my time in the studio.

But being alone again after Gage left, I felt as if my art was the only release I had. 

I brought over my sketchbook and placed in on the table before focusing on the canvases. As much as I enjoyed spending my time making live art, I also enjoyed taking my own time and drawing from imagination. 

I stared at the blank canvas in front of me, a mixture of different paints and equipment surrounding me. 

"Knock, knock." I jumped at the sound of a voice echoing through the studio, the wet paintbrush in my hand falling and splattered around black paint on the ground. 

I ignored the paint and my head shot up to the sound of the voice-- my eyes widening at the person that laid on the edge of the door frame, their arms crossed over their chest as a toothy smile was plastered over their face.

"Gage?" I spoke, staring that the man in front of me. 

The man that disappeared only days ago, leaving me with his drunken brother-- with my drunken lover. 

"How's it going V?" 

I narrowed my eyes towards him, marching over to him as his smile only widened. I stood in front of him with many emotions running through my mind, I wanted to punch him for leaving me, I wanted to slap him for lying when he said he'd always be there for me.

However, I chose to hug him tight but in all honesty-- I missed him. 

Gage froze as my arms wrapped around his waist, my head laying on his chest. I couldn't help but feel flustered and I was glad he couldn't see my face. I had never been in this close to him-- ever. 

Quickly, Gage shook from his frozen state and wrapped his arms around my body, his head leaning on the top of my head, his breathing sending a breeze through my hair as he let out a light chuckle.

"I didn't know you missed me that much." He spoke up, his hands squeezing at my shoulders as he nuzzled his nose into my hair. 

I pulled away from him quickly, narrowing my eyes at him. "You lied," I muttered at him, giving him a push that didn't move him one bit. "You said you would be with me always," I sent another push harder which once again didn't move him. 

"But you lied to me," Another push, no stumble. "You left me." I pushed him again however this time, his body jerked slightly behind.

I looked up at Gage to see an apologetic look on his face; "I'm sorry Veronica." I scoffed at him, turning and walking back to the blank canvas. 

I've heard enough apologies to feed me for a lifetime. 

"Veronica please, you have to understand that the reason I left was not because of you or the promise I made," He paused as I spoke in front of my canvas, my face facing him as he spoke and I noticed him walking closer to me as he spoke. 

"Why did you leave?" I asked, bending down the wipe the black paint from the floor with a wet wipe and placing the paintbrush in a cup of water. 

Standing back up, I realised how close Gage and I happened to be, my eyes scanning every feature of his face.

I wasn't blind to see that Gage was indeed a beautiful person, I just hadn't fully let it sink in my mind. He was a very beautiful person. 

Gage cleared his throat, causing my eyes to avert to his. His jaw was clenched as he scanned me, was I staring?