Chapter 6: Everybody

Jeremy POV 

After I told this dude whoever he said he was, Cameron? Camilla? I don't care, to shut up and untie me he looked amused not pissed off like I thought he would. I mean he is important if he has a whole dinning room to himself and his clothes were as I'm just a peasant. 

"I like you now tell me, what is your name?" He said as he sat at the other end of the table and he motioned for someone to untie me, thank you Camilla those fucking ropes hurt like a Bitch. 

"Jeremy Gilbert could you pass the grapes?" I Said as I began to stuff my mouth with food as soon as I was untied. Laughing he passed over the bowl of grapes and I started eating them along with the bread and the wine that was available. 

"Well if like to offer you a position in my army, Jeremy" at this I nearly lost my wine, key word 'nearly' I just ended up snorting it up my nose instead. As I composed myself this fancy guy who apparently had all this food but wasn't eating, weird, just looked even more amused than before. Guys insane. 

"As great as that sounds am I really cut out to be a solider? Not really more of a merchant or hunter, that sort of thing" I Said waving hands around sometimes grabbing some cheese or grapes if my hands went near them. Most of the food near me was already gone by the time a chicken or turkey, some white meat came out steaming hot on a platter. Chicken had never looked more beautiful. 

"Well from your performance I would say you are more than capable but if you don't want to fight fine, but who just out of curiousity trained you to fight with a sword like that?" Asked Camilla (kinda suited him) as he grabbed some chicken from the platter although I'd already gotten both drumsticks and some chicken breast. 

"That was my first time fighting with a sword actually" I said distracted as I looked among the powders that came with the chicken, were they spices I couldn't tell they spell weird. 

"Well now you definitely have to fight with us and one quick question why are you smelling the garlic powder?" He asked and I cheered in victory, I guessed it correctly. Looking at the red spice which seemed more appealing I smelt it unable to identify what it was and just put some on my chicken anyway, what's the worse that could happen. 

"Okay firstly this is meal great give my compliments to the chef and secondly if I agree to fight in you army will I get paid? What's the armour or whatever like? Just to be clear I'm also pretty sure my back and front are now going's to have scars and I've been in Rome for about 12 hours now. Also if I don't like the armour I'm making my own" I Said as I ate chicken making a sandwich from the loaf is also managed to snag. Smirking the insane guy just laughed lightly like I was joking, I really wasn't. 

"YOu can wear whatever you want armour wise although I do have ideas that would be suitable for you position. Yes you will get paid, compliments will go to the chef but I do have one question" raising my eyebrow with bread and chicken hanging out of my mouth crazy guy shook his head handing me a piece of cloth, probabaly had something on my face. "Why would you back scar? I know for you front I saw you fight but your back" he said confused and I laughed leaning back after I'd finished my sandwich, man that was some good spicy chicken. 

"Well answer to your first question fine I'll  fight with you the pay better be good or else I'll find something else worth my time and second question when I got brought in at like dawn this morning I got whipped by those guards, the kinky bastards" I said slowly eating grapes now I wasn't starving but I could still eat plenty. Crazy guys angry now talk about bi-polar one minutes he's laughing like he's a friend next he's angry and shouting for someone to get a doctor and guards, sheesh. 

"You hurt a warrior before they entered the areana correct?" Crazy guy asked the guard who beat me although I just sat back and watched with a bowl of grapes in my lap, these were the best grapes I'd ever eaten. The guards just looked on scared and I rolled my eyes, fierce warriors of the Roman Empire my ass. 

"Yeah they did the dudes are just too chicken to admit it, wait are they gonna get beaten too?" I asked my eyes lighting up. Oh Dear God no, Damon's influence has made a sadistic bastard, noooooooo!! 

"Yes you wanna do the honours?" Said Camilla the Emperor dide. As he said this he grabbed  whip from the guard that just approached him and held it out for me to take. Beating some guys bloody or eating grapes? Easy choice. 

"I'm going to have to pass because grapes but have fun Camilla

"You my friend are the strangest person I have ever met