Chapter 23: Paradise City

Jeremy POV

"Okay look I can explain" I Said putting my hands up in what I'm hoping is a calming gesture. 

"Oh really explain that a very visible spot is clear where what's believed to be a book is now empty and they are looking for the idiots who broke in and stole it" Said Tyler whilst fuming. I grabbed his arm and started dragging him into the hotel where I saw Elena and Bonnie coming out from the spa. "You 2 follow" Said Tyler as we passed and they did although they were very confused as to why. 

"Look the thing I took belonged to me Okay?" I Said when we entered mi e and Tyler's hotel room. "It was simply a book with some sketches in" I Said as I grabbed it from a brief case that I'd put in my suitcase. 

"Why would you take it if you knew someone was eventually going to find the tomb Jer?" Asked Elena in a disbelieving tone. She's probably thinking that I messed everything up, it's like she doesn't understand how hard this century is that I just want to go home. 

"Because this is the first drawing Elvorix did, and all my other kids first drawings are in this book so I think I have the right to take it back because I think your forgetting that everything in that tomb is mine and this isn't my home and I belong 2000 years in the past" I shouted incredulously. I sat down on the bed looking at the page I'd opened the book to, it was suppose to be my sword but it wasn't very visible because of the books age. 

"We're sorry Jeremy but we just want you to fit in again and not do something so reckless so we have to give it back" Said Bonnie and I shook my head. "What do you mean no?" She asked shocked like why would t I want to give back the only thing I had of my family? 

"Ya'know sometimes I think you forget that I actually had a family that I've been ripped away from that I want to see more than anything but they are dead, my children, my wife everyone I know and love is dead and I'm stuck with all of you" I Said putting the book away and I started to pack the clothes I'd left out in the hotel room. 

"Jer were trying to look out for you" justified Tyler whilst they all watched me pack with a panicked look in their faces. "What the hell are you doing?" He asked but I ignored him, it was very obvious what I was doing. 

"Jer please don't leave, don't leave me again please" sobbed Elena as I made my way to the door. I paused with my hand in the door knob as I listened to her plea but then I thought of my wife's laugh and children's excited screams and remembered it was her who and everyone else here that took those things away from me, and I kept walking and Elena's sobs got louder. 

"Jer?" I heard Caroline ask when I was leaving the hotel. I turned to her and saw her shocked and sad face. "What's going on?" She asked and I sighed. 

"Care look I can't do it, okay?" I Said. "I can't look at Elena or any of you because your strangers that took me from my family, that's all you are to me so I'm leaving catching an early flight to Richmond grabbing my things and then leaving, for good" I told her coldly before I walked outside leaving the girl alone without a second glance. 

-TIMESKIP- 

I'd just gotten off the plane in Virginia and I as waiting for my luggage. When I collected it I headed for the exit when I saw a head of blonde hair that I remember seeing before. 

"Rebekah, didn't expect you here" I Said stopping infront of the youngest original. "Why are you doing here?" I asked and she looked at me with pity. 

"I heard they found your tomb and figured you must have stolen the artifact" she said and turned s we started walking out of the building. "I want to help you Jeremy" she said and I looked at her confused. 

"Why would you want to help me? How could you possibly help me?" I asked her and she stopped behind her car which I put my luggage in the trunk when she opened it. 

"You never let me tell you about when I saw someone who looked exactly like you in 1673"