31. Chase and Capture

Start from the beginning

Medics soon came to scene, and Reborn was glad to see the result of his student's growth, as well as Tsuna's family is growing stronger. The next generation was definitely going to the path.

For once, Reborn was at a loss on what to do with Elias Lin.. on one part she helped built the Tsuna's family which proved to have great success, and on the other hand, her intentions are still unclear. Reborn thought that he'll keep an eye on for a time and trust Elias for now since she did gave him an headsup (except he didn't really shared Elias early notice to the rest of Tsuna's family)

Click...

Clack.

Clack.

...Clack

At this point, all of the vongola members was unconscious. A loud click and clack of heels can be heard from coming closer and closer. No one really paid attention to it since everyone was busy with their task but Reborn's guard was up in case another danger might fall.

A figure of a shadow appears, perhaps because of the ruined building its shape didn't resmble a human, but a monster, lying in abyss as if its waiting for the right time to attack.

With each click of the heels the figure coming from a distant came in slowly starts show, Elias Lin enters the room with a smile on lips but that smile didn't reach her eyes, one can tell she wasn't pleased at the situation at all.

"Ciaossu! Long time no see." Reborn greeted the ash haired teen, surprise to see her in a girl's outfit which made her look almost unrecognizable if it weren't for those amethyst eyes.

"Long time no see, Reborn. It seems like you guys had quite a party... too bad I missed it." Elias sighs, looking around at the disaster that was made "if only I was a bit earlier, I could joined the fun."

Although she didn't want to see any of them get hurt, this was a turning point for Tsuna if he wanted to join or not, to see if he has the resolve or not to protect his loved one.

Elias believe that she had helped enough from behind the scenes and she wouldn't coddle the group too much. Bitter reality was sometimes the best course of action to give them a small taste of being in mafia is going to be like.

"How distasteful... to think that I would be few step behind." Elias kept smiling but her eyes looks displease as she couldn't see any signs of the illusionist.

She was a bit upset that she was tad too late in saving Mukuro "that's unfortunate but I'm glad that everyone's doing well."

By well, she meant that they're still alive and breathing, despite on how badly they're injured.

"Are you going to leave again? Hari's really worried about you. Maybe you should say Hi to her" Reborn told her about Hari's condition.

"I'm not sure if I can face her yet... I don't want to involve her in my antics" Elias smiles, knowing the dangers being in underworld "it's better to live in the light than the dark. The world we live in isn't so kind after all."

Although it sounds nonsensical to other people, Reborn is well aware of what Elias was talking about. He knows that she wasn't wrong, but sometimes, people are willing to follow who they want to protect or cherish, even if it means putting themselves in danger.

"I should get going, time doesn't seem to be by my side."

With that, Elias left again. Her figure slowly fades into darkness as Reborn watch her leave. The medics do their job and treat those who're injured. Reborn felt a buzz in his pocket and checked out the mail he received from her. Leaving him in wonder how she know such thing would happen.