Chapter 1

You look up at the scoreboard with fury in your eyes.

Second place, again.

Chest heaving and hands balled into fists, you look over to your left and grit your teeth.

Jimin smirks at you with his perfect white teeth, hatred boiling in your blood the minute your eyes land on him, his voice smooth as silk when he speaks.

"Maybe next time."

Looking down trying not to meet Jimin's playfully rude smirk, you tighten your hands more, ready to lay a punch right on his perfect face.

You chose at a very young age to perform along in the men's skate, refusing to perform with the girls in an attempt to trail-blaze your way into the industry and perform at higher point levels than allowed at the female competitions.

You know you're the best among every female out there.

You want to be the best out of everyone.

For years though, Park Jimin always comes in and places you second out of everyone.

Years you have trained to try and kick his ass even once.

Turning and stomping back to the locker room, you pull your skates off and reveal your tired, red feet exhausted from the performance.

Being an ice skater has always been your biggest dream in life, you've worked day and night, rain or shine, practicing.

All to be beat by a cocky asshole like Park Jimin.

Throwing a punch into the locker, you lay your forehead on it and grit your teeth.

Your coach walks in and offers once again another congratulatory hug, she's always happy you get second place considering you've held the title for five consecutive years.

"Ah Y/N! That was a wonderful performance, there wasn't a dry eye in the house!"

You offer her a weak smile, trying to hide the furious disappointment that has settled itself in your stomach.

"Thank you coach...I think I'm ready to go home now."

She smiles and pats your back while walking out of the locker room, leaving you by yourself once again.

Changing into your usual attire, sweatpants and a sweatshirt, you slide on your shoes and grab your bag, looking in the mirror and sighing.

You look absolutely exhausted, maybe you can get some sleep tonight and start heavier training tomorrow, no matter what, you will beat Park Jimin next time.

Shoving the door open, you walk down the hall into the main entrance of the ice arena and let the cool winter air hit your face, making you feel a little better.

"See you at the next competition?"

You grit your teeth and turn around to see Park Jimin standing behind you, arrogantly chewing a piece of gum with a smirk.

"Of course."

You shoot him a death glare when he chuckles and walks up to you.

"Just admit it Y/N, you can't beat me, and you never will."

Offering a steady laugh you glate at him again and slip your hands in your pockets.

"Watch yourself Park Jimin. Don't get too arrogant."

He smiles wide and messes up your hair as he walks by, followed by many girls cooing over his attractive physique.

It makes you sick.

Getting in your car, you start the engine and pull out of the driveway with yet another second place ribbon pinned onto your jacket.

••••

"I'm Home."

Your voice is somber and tired as your mom meets you with her rugged apron on with a huge smile.

"Hi honey! I saw the program on Tv! Good job!"

You hug her and smile at her compliments, she always knows how to make you feel better in this kind of situation.

"Thank mom...you're the best...where's dad?"

"Ah...he had to work late again..."

Looking at your mom's face, you see the stress all over it. Your family sacrifices a lot to fund your skating, your dad working multiple jobs just to pay for entry into the competitions.

Handing your mom the prize money, you give your best pleading look to her.

"Mom...please take it this time...it isn't much because it's second place...but please..."

Your mom narrows her eyes and sighs deeply, grabbing your bag from you and opening it.

"Honey, you need new skates, these are dirty and worn. Also, you can't continue to perform in the same outfits. You need new gear, keep your money."

"Us having food is more important to me Mom! Please!"

She simply shakes her head and walks away from you, she never accepts the money and simply wants you to buy things for yourself.

When you secretly use the money to pay the bills, she always yells at you and gives you the speech about if they're going to sacrifice I might as well keep my prize money to pay for the sport.

Sitting at the kitchen table your mom serves you freshly cooked rice with all the appropriate side dishes, all to celebrate your "win."

Smiling wide and digging into the delicious meal, you fall into light comversation with your mom about the performance, not offering info about your hatred towards Park Jimin.

·······

Walking up to your room after the meal, you let your bag fall on the ground and flop on your bed, exhausted from the competitive day.

Your skates fall onto your floor and you blush with slight embarrassment, the once white leather of the skates slightly yellowed and dirty from constant use, wrinkles everywhere on them.

Burying your head in your pillow, you look over at your clock with a heavy sigh.

"Twelve Thirty....alright....I'll go buy new skates tomorrow..."

Finally letting your eyes close, you bury yourself like a little burrito in your blankets, getting slightly excited about your new skates.

(A/N): I WAS INSPIRED Y'ALL