Male Espeon

(Requested by @wolfy6400 and @sir_azz_loves_you         this one has to be one of the longer one-shots)

Espeon and I were on our way to the next village. Strolling down a peaceful path. When all of a sudden Espeon stopped. His pupils dilated as his body froze for a small moment. Then he broke into a light sweat. He held the jewel on his forehead for a few seconds. "Another prophecy?" I asked, turning back to face him.

"Yes... it wasn't a good one either," He told me, a frown tugging at his lips. "I'm guessing you'd like to know about it."

"Well of course. If we've set on a journey to help save people, and with you being able to see into the future, I'd like to know so we can help save lives." I told him, as if it was the most obvious thing out there.

Espeon nodded and began explaining to me what he saw. "Flashing images of a town caught in flames appeared. Citizens fleeing for their lives as a large creature was visible in what I presumed to be town square."

"Were you able to see any signs that might tell us we're in the right place. Maybe a store sign or a bar? Anything symbolic or something that stands out?"

He nodded and continued, "There was a place called the Star Barrel. I'm guessing that was a bar. And a large statue of what appeared to be of a girl."

"We should probably get going soon then. What time of day did it happen?" I asked. Espeon and I kept walking side by side.

"At night. I'm not sure when exactly. But I saw the moon turn a blood red as it rested straight above." I nodded and slowly broke out into a light jog, not wanting to waste any time. 

Time Skip~

We reached our next destination shortly. Espeon panting slightly as he isn't the most athletic.  I let a sigh escape my lips as I scratched the back of my neck. I myself, was a little hot since I carried almost all of our luggage. "Let's go rest under the tree over there." I pointed to a large tree near the town plaza. Espeon nodded and we made our way under the tree and set down all our stuff. I decided to question Espeon about the time he thinks his prophecy is going to happen. "How bad was the headache after you saw the vision?" I asked, laying down on my back and resting my eyes. He was hesitant. That's not good...

"Bad. Honestly I wasn't sure if you saw but I felt like I was going to fall over. From being extremely dizzy that is. My stomach churned a little to."

"So... is it happening tonight? Or sometime tomorrow. Please tell me its tomorrow." I mumbled the last part to myself. I opened my eyes to see Espeon right above me. His stare burned holes into me as the words left his mouth.

"Tonight." Espeon informed me and rested his head on my stomach as he ran his fingers through his light purple hair. 

"Damn..." I muttered to myself and put my hands to my face. "We shouldn't be sitting here then. Let's go look for that Star Barrel  place. We can hang out in there while we wait for night to come." The place wasn't hard to find at all since it was a store lined up against the town square. A statue of an angel had it's wings spread and hands out, as if it were going to start dancing any moment. A rose fell down to the stone pedestal it stood on. Water was pouring out of the rim of the stone platform the angle stood upon. I couldn't help but stop and stare at it in awe. I nudged Espeon with my elbow and he turned to look at the statue.

"We're in the right place... That's the same statue from the vision." He began to speed up the pace of making his way to the bar. He opened the doors and I followed behind him. We found a booth in the corner of the room. Convinietly placed next to a window that could servay the plaza.

I waved over a waitress and asked for a drink. She nodded and left to tell the bar tender. "Your getting a drink?" Espeon asked.

I nodded, "We're going to be sitting here for a while. Might as well have something to pass the time."

"This is not going to end well..." Espeon mumbled and leaned back into his seat.

"Oh shush. If I can slay monsters I can drink a beer without getting drunk." I thanked the waitress when she returned with my drink and payed her before she left. Then I began to drink.

Time skip~

I finished my drink and we both glanced outside simultaneously.  "Is it time?" Espeon nodded, the chair scrapped against the floor when I got up. "Let's go then." He followed behind me as we headed outside to the town square. Thunder-like noises echoed into the night, the moon slowly turned red. It was chilling to the bone. A scream was heard in the distant as the flames started to rise. The best had lava flowing out of it's eyes and mouth, and a dog-like physic. 

"Hell hound." Espeon told me.

"Why would it be on Earth?" Espeon questioned.

"How should I know?" I was getting agitated. Rummaging through my pocket I found a growth potion. I grabbed my hammer and poured some of the potion onto it. I drank the rest of the liquid that was in the bottle. This way I would be able to deal some damage to the beast. With my now giant like height I easily gained the attention of the hell hound. It charged at me and I swung my hammer right into it's jaw, sending it flying. The large body of the creature destroyed a good chunk of a nearby forest. "Espeon! Get the citizens out safely!" I barked, going back to the fight. The hound jumped at me and managed to hook onto my leg. I let out a cry of pain and punched it's snout. This only caused it to bite deeper into my leg. The lava poured onto my skin and I let out a loud screech. I dropped my hammer and pried it's mouth open with my hands. My finger tips and leg were burned badly but the adrenaline kept me going. I took this chance to shove it off of me with my other leg. "I feel bad for beating up an animal but I can't let you past." I told the hound, earning a snarl in return. I picked up my hammer and this time I was the one to charge. Swinging my hammer one more time I managed to smash the hound's body into the ground. Once I could tell the hell hound wasn't getting up again I limped over to it. and pressed a red gem to it's collapsed body. Sending it back from whence it came. Steam started to form at my limbs as I began to shrink to my original size. My hammer doing the same. I did my best to sit down and not cause any more damage to my leg. "Damn that burns." 

"(Y/N)! Are you okay?" I heard Espeon running over to me.

"Not really." I said. I could hear a soft gasp from Espeon once he got close enough to see my wounds.

"That looks awful." He muttered and pulled out bandages, "Lets get that wrapped up now, shall we?"

"Yes please. It hurts like crazy." Espeon nodded and gave me a reassuring smile.

"That fight was quicker than I expected. I was expecting for it to of last at least 10 minuets longer." He commented. Ripping off the bandage he finished wrapping my leg. "There. Now lets get you back to our stuff." I nodded and Espeon slid an arm behind my back to help support me. 

"Thanks."

"Its not a problem. I should be the one thanking you. You are the one to save me and everyone else all the time." Espeon tuned his head to look at me, "So thank you, (Y/N), for being the strong and powerful woman you are."