Prologue

Just something I wanted to try out. Hope you like it!

Emmadou Rokuro's POV - 8 years old

I lived in an orphanage called the Hiinatsuki Orphanage with the rest of my friends. We were hanging at the dinner table, laughing at what the other was saying.

My Quirk was called Barrier. It allows me to put up a blue, energy-like barrier. It can reflect attacks from the outside and change sizes. I can shrink it down to crush my enemy pretty badly.

The disadvantage of my quirk is that the barrier is made up of my energy, so I get really tired if I use it too much or if I make my barriers too big. That's why I sleep as much as I could. And when my barrier breaks, it also injuries me indirectly.

That's when Ijika Yuto came up to us. His Quirk is called Demon's Fire. He can produce black flames as hot as the sun. The drawback is that if his flames get too hot, he can melt his insides.

He gave us each a pink looking liquid in a glass and smiled. "Try it."

We each took a glass and looked at it with confusion. "What is it?"

Yuto kept smiling. "It's a little something I mixed together. It increases the power of your Quirks. Like, for example, with this, Rokuro can increase the defensive and reflective capabilities of his Barrier and he can use it longer without getting tired!"

"Don't worry! I already tried it and it increased my abilities tenfold! I can produce hotter and larger flames without melting my insides right away! It still does, but at a much smaller scale than before!"

The other kids, including myself, widened at this information. I still looked at the bottle warily. Something doesn't feel right, but if Yuto already tested it on himself, then it should be okay, right?

And maybe with this, I'll be able to become a hero like All Might, and be able to protect and help more people, including my friends.

We all gulped it down and immediately began to feel the affects. I began to produce a small barrier, but it became larger than what I intended it to be. Is this the power up?

"AAARRGHH!!!!"

That's when all the kids around me started to scream in pain. I looked at them, panicking, wondering what's going on.

I ran up to them. "Are you okay?! What's wrong?!" They kept on screaming, ignoring my words.

They started to hold their heads and scream for help. I looked at Yuto and in place of the smile that I saw just a few minutes ago, was a sickening grin.

I growled at him. "What did you do to them?!"

Yuto gave me an innocent look. "Did I forget to mention that you needed a certain coding in your DNA to make it work? Otherwise, they'll lose their minds, kill anyone in sight, and turn into, what I like to call them, Nomus. It looks like you were the only one with it, though."

My eyes widened in shock and fear. "Why would you do something like that?!"

He gave me a dark grin. "Why, I wanted to further my goals into developing this drug further. In other words, you and those other idiots were just my little test subjects for my experiment. Though, I'm gonna have to continue looking at you for a long time to see how you develop!"