"Mom, can I go now, please?"

I knew I risked myself for a reproval but I had to take my chances.

"Be back before four," she replied throwing her hands up in the air taking a glimpse of my pouted lips.

"Don't walk home alone! Call your sister she'll be there to pick you up," she added bossily. Mom can be quite surprising sometimes.

-----------------------

To cherish our old memories my cousin and I decided to invite our friend Martha over.

She lived nearby the school, the school that her uncle owned which made our access to it easier than I could imagine; there was no need for us to break in.

No. I would never consider breaking in.

Walking down the S.M.road I tried capturing every single thing and retract my emotions that endured.

Feels nostalgic to be back in this town. I wonder how different the school looks now.

To my surprise, the green grass, the big playground, the paintings on the wall; everything seemed familiar.

I zoned out. And found myself staring at one of the two boys, standing ten yards away from us.

As we went past the boys my cousin whispered into my ears "Do you remember him?" I looked at her out of the corner of my eyes. Her eyebrows raised questioning me.
"His name is Kenaz, we were classmates during the kindergarten days," she waved at the boys.
Not to my surprise they waved back and started marching towards us.

Meanwhile, I tried hard to recall that name.

His name sounds familiar.

Yeah. I know this guy! Martha's cousin!

A faded image of his childhood face surfaced on my mind instantly. I didn't remember about him much but my memory power wasn't that bad I'd forget someone who had been my classmate since kindergarten. As far as I could remember, the last time when I saw him he had the Justin Bieber haircut, plumpy cheeks and short-stature physique as a kid. It was the time when we were in the third grade.

Well, it wasn't my fault I failed to recognise him! He had changed. A. Lot.

But did he recognize me? I turned back puzzled. With those glittery, bright, deep eyes he stared at me and then flashed his teeth.

I froze.

I did nothing but just stared at his beautifully made face. The cute set of teeth, tiny black mole on the right side of his chin and cheek was all that I saw. His jawlines were sharp and visible as he smiled. His eyes? The most beautiful I had ever seen. Totally different from what I remember, he was a tall handsome lad now. Puberty surely did work out good for some people. Just not me.

I somehow controlled myself and went ahead towards Martha, who arrived earlier than us. Meanwhile, my cousin was having a word with the boys.

Still the old Martha with a good taste of fashion. Beautiful and elegant she stood ready to embrace me in a hug.

Her blonde hair flowed over her shoulders, her nails varnished and her blue coloured dress added more to her beauty showing her shapely figure.

Wow!

--------------------

After some giggles and chuckles, we waved Martha goodbye and headed home. The moment I walked out of the school gate, my eyes laid on Kenaz. Standing five yards away.

Oh my lord! Show some mercy on me!

My eyes met his and I shyly looked away, staring blankly at the road. Too shy to greet him; I just hit the road and started walking along with my cousin.

"Mariah!" an unfamiliar flattering voice reverberated in both my ears.

*****************************************

So, that was the first chapter. Do let me know in the comments if you liked it or not :)

Thank you so much for reading my book!

I hope we'll meet again in the next chapter!

Don't forget to vote!!❤