ONE

This is a slow paced story but I promise you it will be worth the wait.

Constructive criticisms are warmly welcomed.

If you want, you could give me a piece of advice on this one.

Thank you so much for choosing this book!

Without any further delay let's begin the journey!!

----------------------------------------------

Chapter 1: Back to town

----------------------------------

"The longer we put off feeling sorrow, the greater the fear of it becomes," my dad once told me.

But the fear of loss, the feeling of rejection and the apathy of a new start was so hard for me to put up, the silence was all that corrupted me. The silence that compelled my whole family to move back to Merrihollow.

The new house we moved in wasn't a mansion but big enough to accommodate a family of six.

“Luce, come on!” Noah, my little brother headed towards the open backyard running and calling out for Lucia, my little sister. Noah was four and Lucia six, not much of age gap so they pretty much blended with each other.

In Durling, we rented a flat so, there was no backyard for them to run around playing. Pretty obvious why people prefer towns like Merrihollow rather than big cities.

The aura, the drizzles, the rainbows, everything about Merrihollow was missed by me.

Feels great to be back.

I hurriedly ran inside the house not caring to help my sisters and mother with the goods. The first thing I did was say hello to the empty house.

"Hello. Hello. Hello." My voice echoed down the empty hall.

I ran upstairs and ducked my head out of the attic window and felt every bit of silence that gloomed around me for the last five years.

It was time to bid that silence goodbye.

Just then, a rustling wind blew through my hair and ended the serenity that I was enjoying.

"Dad would have loved this view," I muttered with a smile, looking down at my family, everyone busy carrying the boxes filled with our belongings.

"Mariah, Get down! And help your family down here," mom's voice forced me to duck my head back inside.

Mom as always was paranoid that we might break those precious vases of hers and was directing my sisters - Heidi, who's a year older than me and Susanah, the eldest of us all - to the right spot to place those prized possessions of hers.

The night before we flew out to Merrihollow, my cousin and I had made plans to meet up and visit our old elementary school. I promised her I'd visit her the very moment I finish up the shifting chores which took quite a long time than I expected. The sun was about to set soon so, I put on every ounce of my energy to finish up the work. Which, I did!