7: Grudges =

~ Aleksis(Alex)  POV:

The doorbell rang, and I was told to open the door. Charlie and Audrey left around 6:30pm. I was still in the living room, but is now watching Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2. I guess Aunt Genesis and her family came early.

I got up from the sofa and opened the front door. "Good evening," I greeted them.

They greeted me back and either gave me a hug or a kiss to the cheek. I ruffled Henry's hair though since I always tease him. I see the little youngster as a little brother.

"Mom is still cooking and dad is manning the grill," I informed them. Uncle Daniel nodded and I moved out of the way for them to enter our home. They all separated their ways. The brothers went on pot the sofa that I was laying on, Uncle Daniel went to dad, and Aunt Gen with mom.

"So guys, will you be going to my school?" I ask as I sat in between them.

They both groaned. "Out of all you could say, the first thing is about school," Henry scoffs. I raised my eyebrow and ruffle his hair. He gives me the stink eye and fixes his hair.

"Yeah. You nerd!" Jayden says.

I held my hand to my heart. "I thought you were on my side? Besides, you're the nerd in our circle," I chirped. I stuck my tongue out at him.

"I told you I've changed," my best friend says.

"Yes, on the outside, but in the inside, you're still the nerdy I used to know," I smiled. He looks at me with no expression for five seconds. I stare at him back. I then smiled without blinking. "Staring contest!" I squealed.

"We both know Jayden will lose," Henry snickers.

"Way to have faith in me, little bro," Jayden utters, "fine, I give up." The dude blinks and takes the tv remote.

"No one will ever beat me," I boasted with triumph.

"L-o-s-e-r," I stressed out as I made an L with my right hand and stuck it to my forehead for Jayden to see.

"Yeah, whatever," he throws out and makes the volume of the tv louder. Henry watches, without paying attention to Jayden and I.

Jayden faces his body sideways to look at me. "Seriously though, I'm not a nerd anymore," he says.

I pushed my lips. "Fine. If it makes you feel better, I'll call you Ayd," I reply.

"Jay sounds better, but Ayd will do," he grins.

"Good," I reply as we now focused our attention to the tv. The food aroma had caught into my nostrils. It smells so good. I inhaled deeply then exhaled. My mouth started to water. My tummy even growled.

"So guys, are you going to school tomorrow?" I asked in order to distract myself from the wonderful smell coming from the kitchen.

"Nope. Skipping tomorrow, but we have to go the next day," Henry informs me. I nod my head.

After a few minutes of temptation, we were informed. "Kids, dinner is ready!" my mom yells.

"Yes! Finally!" I said happily. I quickly got up and the brothers did too. I rushed to the kitchen leaving them behind.

- The next day -

Where could she be? I told Charlie to meet me in front of the gym. It's been 20 minutes ever since the bell rang for lunch. I frowned, looking around as I made my way towards the cafeteria. Did she go home?

I went to our table and the three were eating lazily, but no sign of the brown haired girl. "Guys, have you seen Char?" I chirped. Maybe they've seen Char.