Sorry, Leilani

One month later....

It's been a month, ever since I got the text from Samantha. I still couldn't believe it, but I've been ignoring the texts. Everyday, Samantha would text me because she wanted to meet up and talk to me, but I was scared that it wasn't real. So, I decided to ignore it. It's finally May, one month until, I graduate. I was so excited, also because David and I were going to be able to date.

It's May 15, I was getting ready for school. I put on a yellow shirt, blue ripped jeans and white high top converse. I went downstairs to eat breakfast, then I brushed my teeth and grabbed my backpack. I left my house, I was about to sit on the passenger sit when, "Ava, you drive, I'm not really in the mood to drive", Victor said. "Okay!", I said.

I started driving to school, Victor seemed in a bit of a mood, he was quite on the way to school.

"Hey, you okay?", I asked. "Kinda. Leah and I got into an argument.", he said.

"Oh, I see", I said. "Yup!", he said.

We arrived to school, I parked my car and in front of me I saw Leilani Nunez. Leilani and I weren't in good terms. It seemed like she hated me, she always gave me dirty looks, bumped into me on purpose, etc. She became very popular because she was buddies with Richard Anderson, but she would always talk to Alex. In my opinion, it seemed like she was into him, so is Alex but Alex is being cautious. I don't blame him, me and her aren't on good terms and she's suddenly interested on my bestfriend, doesn't look nice, doesn't it?

Victor and I walked by her and of course, she gave me a dirty look. I gave her a dirty look back and walked to my class, on the way there, I saw David. He was talking to a teacher, when we were passing by each other, he looked at me, smiled and winked. I smiled back at him. I went to my class, the bell rang, the usuals happened. I went to all of my classes, now it was lunch time. I walked to the benches that Victor and Alex meet at, while I was walking to the benches, I passed by Richard's benches. I was so focused on my phone, that I didn't notice who I was walking towards to, Leilani bumped into me on purpose and made me drop my phone.

"Oops, sorry!", she said. She grabbed her water bottle, and poured it on my phone. Everyone laughed, I was so angry and embarrassed. Victor, Alex, Mr. Carter and the principal were coming towards us. I was so angry that my face got red, I was only looking at her laughing, when something happened. Leilani stopped laughing and fell to the ground.

"Leilani, what's wrong?", Richard asked her. "I— can't— breath-e", she said while holding her throat, trying to get oxygen.

Mr. Carter, the principal, supervisors came running towards us. They all helped Leilani. Victor and Alex walked towards me, I was still looking at Leilani.

"Ava! Are you okay", Alex asked. "Ava! Aves!", Victor said with his voice raised. I stopped looking at Leilani and looked at Victor, "What? What's wrong?", I asked.

Leilani finally could breath, Mr. Carter, the principal and the supervisors, Richard and all of his friends looked at me. "Come on, let's go, Ava!", Victor said. We walked to our bench and grabbed our stuff and went somewhere else.

We got away from everyone. "Ava! What is going on?", Victor asked me. "I don't know, all I remember was Leilani getting my phone wet and I just stared at her", I said. Victor and Alex look at each other, "Ava, has anything happen, ever since that night, when Samantha left our house?", he asked.

"Yes!", I said. "When?", Victor asked. "The night dad and the police were chasing me in France. They almost caught me and out of nowhere, they started floating in the air", I said. "Just like you did!", Victor said. "Yeah", I said.

The bell rang, we went to our class. Mr. Carter was by the door, I walked by him, when he grabbed my arm, "Are you okay?", he asked. "Yeah, I'm fine!", I said. I walked in his class and sat down.

The bell rang, Mr. Carter started talking, he was talking for a few minutes, until he was interrupted by my dad, a police officer and the principal walking in. "Sorry to interrupt your class, Mr. Carter. I'm just here to get Ava Reyes!", the principal said. "Umm, okay, yeah sure, go ahead", Mr. Carter said. I grabbed my stuff and left.

My dad grabbed my arm and we started walking to the principal's office. We arrived and sat down.

"Okay! Ms. Reyes, I need to ask you some questions. Would you mind answering them, honestly?", the principal asked. "Yeah, go ahead", I said.

"What happened out there at lunch?", he asked. "I don't know!", I said. "Okay", he said while looking at my dad.

"Honey, we're going home!", my dad said. "Umm, okay", I said.

We both left his office, we were on the way home. My dad was quite the whole time and I didn't know why. We arrived home, I saw my mom's car, so I knew she was home. We walked in the house, "Honey, go to your room please!", my dad said. "Okay", I said. I went to my room.

I was in my room, doing homework. Then, David texted me, "Hey is something wrong?". "I don't know, I'll fill you in when I know", I said.

*Knock Knock*

"Come in!", I said.

"Hey sweetheart, dinner's ready", my mom said. "Okay, I'll be downstairs in a minute", I said. My mom closed the door.

I took a deep breath and went downstairs. We all sat down and started eating. Everyone was quite, it was so weird. "What's going on?", I asked while looking at my dad. "We'll talk about this tomorrow!", my dad said.

"No! This can't wait!", I said. "I said! We'll talk about this tomorrow!", my dad said with his voice raised and with a serious face.

I got angry, and hit the table with my hand while I stood up and said, "No! Let's talk now!", with an angry voice.

In a blink of an eye, everything that was around us started floating on the air.

"Oh my god!", my dad said.