The Doctor Dances: Chapter 25

Decided to change the cover picture slightly. I hope you like it! Back to the story...

~

New episode: The Doctor Dances.

Hope you like it!

~

The Doctor's POV (9th)

'I've got to try this. It's the only idea I can come up with right now,' I thought, holding onto Savannah's hand tightly, while I looked at the gas-masked patients who were within touching distance now. 'I'm just gonna do.'

I took a deep breath before saying in a commanding voice parents would use with their children if they had done something bad, "Go to you room." The patients stood still. "Go to your room!", I commanded again. We watched as all of the patients tilted their heads at the same time. "I mean it! I am very, very angry with you. I am very, very cross! Go..to..your..room!", I shouted, while pointing with my free hand in no particular direction. The patients hung their heads and, thankfully, retreated back to their beds, making us all relax. "I'm so glad that worked," I said, relieved.

Savannah, who had put her gun away when the patients went back to their beds, then surprised me by immediately grabbing me by the jacket and kissing me passionately for a few minutes, which I returned. After a few minutes she ended the kiss, looked at me with her hands still on my chest, and said, "Those would of been terrible last words, sweetie."

"I know," I said, smiling gently down at her, my hands on her waist.

After a few seconds of staring into each other's eyes, we let go of each other and turned to face Jack, and I asked him, "How was your con supposed to work?"

"Simple enough, really. Find some harmless piece of space junk. Let the nearest Time Agent track it back to Earth, convince him it's valuable, name a price. When he's put 50% up front, oops! A German bomb falls on it, destroys it forever. He never gets to see what he's paid for, never knows he's been had. I buy him a drink with his own money, and we discuss dumb luck. The perfect self-cleaning con," Jack explained to us.

"Oh, yeah! It's perfect!", Savannah said sarcastically, her arms crossed over her chest.

"The London Blitz is great for self-cleaners. Pompeii's nice if you want to make a vacation of it though, but you've got to set your alarm for volcano day," Jack joked, laughing at his own joke. Jack didn't get the look he was hoping for as he looked at our unimpressed looks. "Getting a hint of disapproval."

"Take a look around this room," I said to him, gesturing to the patients.

"This is what your harmless piece of space-junk did!", Savannah said, sounding angry.

"It was a burnt-out medical transporter. It was empty," Jack insisted. Savannah and I gave him dark looks, before grabbing each other's hand and walking out of the room, Jack and Rose following us. "I even programmed the flight computer so that it wouldn't land on anything living. I harmed no one. I don't know what's happening here, but believe me, I had nothing to do with it," he called to us, as Savannah and I were ahead of him and Rose.

We stopped walking, turned to look at him and I said, "I'll tell you what's happening. You forgot to set your alarm. It's volcano day."

Suddenly, we could hear a siren going off in the distance. "What's that?", Rose asked us, looking around.

"The all clear," Jack told her.

"I wish," Savannah and I muttered together.

~