The Parting of the Ways: Chapter 33

So sorry for the long wait. I've been busy with college and other things, but I'm on summer holiday now so I should be uploading more frequently.

New chapter for you. Carrying on from the last chapter.

Hope you like it!

~

Rose's POV

When the TARDIS landed with a bump, I immediately ran outside, not noticing if Savannah was following me or not, with tears in my eyes, not wanting to believe what the Doctor had done.

However, when I looked around where the TARDIS had landed, I knew he had actually done it and there was no way back to him.

I turned around slightly, about to say something to Savannah, but noticed that she was still inside the TARDIS.

"Savannah? Sav?," I called out tearfully to her. "He really did it. We're home." I leant against the side of the TARDIS, crying and looking down at the ground.

All of a sudden, I heard the sound of someone running towards me and then the voice of Mickey Smith.

"I knew it!," he exclaimed as he walked the short rest of the way to me. "I was all the way down Clifton Parade, and I heard the engines. I thought 'there's only 1 thing that makes a noise like that.'"

I turned around to face him, my head down and still crying.

"What is it?," Mickey asked.

Instead of answering, I hugged him tightly, still crying.

After a few seconds, I suddenly heard the sound of the TARDIS doors loudly slamming shut. Mickey and I looked over at the doors to see that they were in fact closed. I stared at them for a few seconds, before I let go of Mickey and quickly ran over to the TARDIS and started to bang on the doors.

"Sav?," I called out to my sister who was still inside. "Savannah? What are you doing? What's happening?," I asked her, becoming frantic.

"I don't know," I heard her call back to me, while I felt her try to open the doors herself. "It won't open. The doors closed by its self and then locked. I can't get out. It won't open."

I continued to bang on the doors and shout out to her, and Mickey soon joined in.

Mickey and I quickly stepped back as the TARDIS's engines started and it dematerialised.

"No," I whispered in shock. "No, you can't! Bring her back!"

I started to cry again and Mickey hugged me while we stared at the now empty space the TARDIS had been in.

'I hope they'll be okay,' I thought worriedly of my sister and the Doctor as I continued to cry. 'I wonder what happened....I wish I was with her then I could help somehow.'

"Come on, Rose," Mickey said after what felt like hours of staring at the empty space. "Let's go get some food. I'm sure they'll be fine and will be back soon."

I nodded my head slowly, frowning, and was pulled away by Mickey, still worried about what could be happening right now in 200,000 years time.

~

200,000 years in the future
The Doctor's POV

"Rose," I heard Jack's voice say on the comm, making me look up from my work. "I called up the internal laser codes. There should be a different number on every screen. Can you read them out to me?"

"She's not here," I called out to him.

"Of all the times to take a leak," he sighed. "Savannah? Can you do it?"