The End of the World: Chapter 9

Savannah has a chat with the Face of Boe and there's trouble on Platform One.

Hope you like it!

~

Savannah's POV

As we walked into the room, I heard the Moxx of Balhoon saying to the Face of Boe, "-this is the Bad Wolf Scenario."

As we passed them, I saw the Face of Boe look at me  funny as they continued talking.

'Why is he looking at me like that? He's been doing it since he came in. I need to find out what it is!-Wait a minute, 'Bad Wolf'? I swear I've heard that from somewhere,' I thought, frowning slightly.

I was brought out of my thoughts by the Doctor speaking, "That wasn't a gravity pocket," he told us, fiddling with a control panel by the door. "I know gravity pockets and they don't feel like that."

I turned around slightly, when I saw Jabe walking towards us without her brothers. "What do you think, Jabe?", I asked her, curious. "Listen to those engines! They've been pitched up about 30 hertz, isn't that dodgy?"

I looked at her and the Doctor, who smiled proudly at me, nodding his head.

The tree woman shrugged, smiling apologetically at me and replied, "It's the sound of metal, it doesn't make any sense to me."

The Doctor frowned. "Where's the room?", he asked her.

"I don't know," she told him, shaking her head. "But the maintenance duct is just behind our guests suite. I could show you. And," she then gestured to me and Rose, smiling warmly at me. "Your wife and her sister."

"Yeah....I'm not actually his wife..unfortunately," I told Jabe quietly, not wanting to lie to her, as I liked her. "But if you see the steward, don't let on, okay," I winked and smiled warmly.

She chuckled and smiled back, "Okay."

"We're just gonna go talk to some of the guests, so why don't you go off with Jabe," I told the Doctor, smiling at her, then turning back to the Doctor, "Try to find out anything useful. Okay sweetie," smiling up at him.

The Doctor nodded, slightly and smiled down at me. "Okay. Don't start a fight," he warned us, jokingly.

"Who? Us? Never!", I joked back, winking.

The Doctor left, arm in arm with Jabe to see what he could find, while we stayed in the room with the guests. Rose went off to talk to Cassandra the Skin Trampoline, whilst I walked over to the Face of Boe, who was now alone and had been staring at me again.

'Earth Death in 15 minutes. Earth Death in 15 minutes', the computer announced, just before I reached him.

I sat on a nearby chair and looked at the Face of Boe.

"Hello Ava. It's been a while. And might I say, you look as stunning as ever,"  came a deep, sleepy voice.

My eyes widened at this, shocked that the voice had been in my head and I hadn't seen him speaking them. I decided to test something.

'Was that you? Can you hear me? Are you inside my head?', I thought at him.

"Yes. Does it bother you?", he asked me.