"I love you, India Evans," I whispered. "Never forget that."

"Kenzie, we're gonna see each other again-"

"Indie, never forget it," I was louder this time.

She nodded, "I love you too, Mackenzie Oliver."

We walked her outside and waved her off. I turned to Kira, "You're next."

She groaned, "Don't remind me."

We drove to her house and helped her pack. It took longer since she wasn't nearly as packed as Indie was. Still, it was nice helping her decide what to take and how her dorm room would be planned out. Julie eventually joined us, packing the small items Kira was bound to forget. After she was completely packed, I felt a wave of sadness wash over me.

"Kira, I gonna miss you so much," I frowned. "I love you so much."

Kira wiped away a tear, "Stop it! I'm still dropping you off at home!"

We drove in silence, not wanting to admit the truth. She didn't know we wouldn't be seeing each other again, but that didn't make the situation any less upsetting. The second she pulled up in front of my house, the waterworks started. She immediately broke into tears, pulling me into a tight hug.

"I'm gonna miss you, Ken," She cried.

"I love you, Kira."

"I love you too."

After a bit more crying, I finally got out and waved to my best friend. Once she pulled away, my smile disappeared. I wished she could spend more time with me, but her family wanted to do something for her before she left for college. I didn't want to intrude, so I asked her to drop me off at home. I also needed time to myself. I was losing two of my closest friends on the same day. What was worse was I couldn't tell them anything about it. I couldn't tell them they weren't going to see me again.

I shut myself in my room, not wanting to see anyone today. The thought of not seeing my friends again was already hard enough for me to process. Not seeing my family again was too much for me to handle today. I knew seeing their faces would send me to tears. I needed time.

Time. Exactly what I don't have.

I brought my knees up to my chest and buried my face. The tears flowed down my face as they pleased. I didn't try to stop them or wipe them away. I didn't have the energy or willpower to do so. I couldn't do anything but sit there. The reality of my situation was like a huge weight on my shoulders, dragging me down. It was suddenly too much to handle.

When I heard knocking, I took a deep breath before answering, "I need some time."

It was silent once again.

Then the knock returned.

I frowned, "Please leave me alone."

"I prefer not to," Griffin's voice was soft.

I shook my head, "I need to be alone right-"

I couldn't even finish before the door opened. He shut it behind him, sending me a small smile. I buried my face once again, not wanting to be bothered about crying. I was far too upset to stop. Besides, I knew he would sit at my desk, so it didn't matter.

A gasp escaped my lips when I felt a dip in my bed. I peered over my knees to see Griffin frowning at me. He didn't seem to be upset with me. His eyes carried sympathy.

"Mackenzie?"

"She's gone, Griffin-" I choked on a sob. After taking another breath, I continued. "They're both gone. It's too much. I'm leaving my family in two months. Two. How can I do that to them?! I can't-"