chapter 4

"Sooo...what's your big idea?" I ask.

"So, the five of us will post a picture of her, and we can do it on the band account too. But basically we will explain like who she is, and that she's an amazing friend and you'll see her a lot in the future. Something along those lines" Corbyn suggested.

The boys look around at each other and nod their heads, then they look to me.

"We all think it's a good idea, but it's your decision on if we post it or not" they say.

"Well I don't want people to assume things about me, cause that could look bad for all of us. Go ahead and post it" I say and smile.

Just then I text the boys a picture of me, and they post it on Instagram.

I unlocked my phone and click on the little pink, orange, and purple app.

The first post I saw was Corbyn's, with a caption that read:

hey guys! This is Emma. A lot of you  probably saw the video of us with her when those girls met us. And you're probably wondering who she is. She's the girl who lives behind us. She's also the girl that the boys and I became instant friends with. You'll see her face around a lot, she's not going anywhere. She's a gorgeous person inside and out whose been through a lot. She shared stories about her past that brought us to tears. Emma, I know you're reading this, cause you're in the same room as me lol, but thank you for finding us, and for us finding you. You're such a sweet person and I can't wait to hang out more. Love you Em. 💓🌟

I look up from my phone and shed a few tears, I run around the island in their kitchen and pull them in.

I love our group hugs.

The hug lasted a few minutes but I finally pulled away.

I looked at the five boys and had a big smile plastered across my face.

"What's with the smile Em" Zach says.

"Get ready, I'll be back in a hour" I say running towards the door.

"It's like 6:30" Daniel yelled.

"Just be ready" I chuckle.

I ran around the corner and back into my house. I pulled half my hair up into a bun and curled the rest.

I threw on some shorts, a flowy white tank top, and a coral kimono.

I completed my outfit by applying some mascara and and put on my sunglasses.

I grabbed my phone and polaroid camera and headed out the door.

*Daniel's POV*

"She ran out of the house to fast, how is an hour enough time to get ready" I ask.

"Who knows be we better get to it then" Jonah replies.

I storm upstairs to my room as fast and I could, and grabbed the first outfit I saw from an opened box.

Then I rush to the bathroom to do my hair.

"Zach dude, you better hurry with your hair, you tend to take days on it" I chuckle.

"I do not" he replies.

"Mmm ok" I say as I walk out of the bathroom.

*Emma's POV*

I lock the door and get into my car, driving around to the boys house.

I honk the horn hoping the boys hear it and come out.

A few minutes later the door opens and out comes the boys.

"Ok I know there's only 4 seats open, some of you are going to have to squeeze" I say trying to keep a straight face.

"Shotgun!" Jonah yells.

"Well then I guess the four of you better get comfy" I chuckle.

Just then Daniel, Zach, Jack, and Corbyn all jump into the back.

"Let our journey begin! Let's hope I don't get pulled over" I say as I turn the car on and drive away.

We drive about 35 minutes until arriving at Venice beach.

"Venice here we are!" I shout as I park the car.

"Fun fact about me, the beach is literally my second home, I come here all the time. Usually with friends from school but I occasionally come with my boyfriend. He's not big on beaches though" I say as I hop out of the car.

"You have a boyfriend, what's he like. Does he treat you well" Zach asks me.

"Yes, I have a boyfriend. His name is Luke and he's a good guy, you guys should meet him sometime" I smile.

The six of us begin to walk down to the water.

We got down, about 10 feet from the water and set down a blanket.

"Ok so the reason I brought you guys. So I was reading the caption of the post and I knew this friendship was going to last. I already love this friendship so much and I can't wait to see what happens in the future. March 16th, yesterday's date. The date we met, and the date we became friends. Our friendaversary" I smile.

"Aww Em that's so sweet" they say smiling.

I sat down on the blanket with the boys and lay my head on Jonah's shoulder. We we were all silent as we watched the sun rise from the horizon.

We sat there in silence for a good half an hour before we finally got up.

I looked at each boy and smiled.

"Let's go" I say grabbing the blanket and running to my car.