NINE

song of the chapter:

PHOTOSYNTHESIS: SABA

PARK jimin rested his head softly against the heated pillow, although his head disagreed. his hand grasped the side and flipped it over. he turned off his light blue lamp and turned down his music. jimin could not sleep without a selection of classic music instrumentals in the background.

his body shaped perfectly with the matress, mostly because he spent some of his free time laying down in the same position just watching music videos he had seen a thousand times but it never got old.

the soft piano echoed through the thick walls of his three story house that was bigger in length than in width. jimins father was sound asleep on the sofa in the lounge room, his body dangling on the edge of the mocha rustic themed room, with an action movie from the early nineties playing.

although jimin was tired, he couldn't sleep. he couldn't close his eyes and drift off into bliss. he couldn't count seventy eight sheep and yawn three times. he couldn't drink warm milk or even put on an eye mask. he was still up.

his mind was asleep.

but his heart was wide awake.

ever since his encounter earlier with the boy of warm tones, his eyes couldnt shut without seeing the boys   silhouette in three shades of gray. he wondered if yoongi was awake at this hour, hoping he was.

he grabbed his phone from the nightstand and began to type in his number.

min yoongi was scrolling on art apps, admiring the same photos he did last night, his renaissance bookmark in his shakespeare book set the main mood. he was about to start reading...well, rereading, the tragedy of hamlet.

until his phone played a soft instrumental.

"greetings. what brings you to call me at this hour? shouldn't you be sleeping?" jimins muffled laugh was caught my a pillow. "i can ask you the same question hyung. anyways, i just wanna talk."

"about?"

"anything."

jimins voice seemed chipper, regardless of the ungodly hour, but to the insomniac nicotine addict, its normal.

"well jimin, listen." yoongi grabbed the white lighter from his nightstand and the box of malboros.

"there are seven billion, fourty six million people on this earth and we have the audacity to say we matter. think about every single thing you've done. everything has a cause and effect and it doesnt matter. with enough causes and effects, they cancel out with elimimation. when you were little you wanted a candy bar and you were about to cry and make a scene before your mom wasted more money trying to provide and you let it slide but you tried to hide your feelings inside for that candy bar."

jimins mind was once again opened, yoongis words never failed to move him. "but hyung, that chocolate bar made you happy and that fuels you and makes a happy memory. ill tell you this. tomorrow come by the cafe and ill treat you to some boba and a cookie. we can talk for a bit. im sure your boss wont mind?"

"he won't even be there. he'll probably be fucking some ransom lady he found in the grocery store." both boys let out a soft laugh, smiles emerging and you can hear it through the phone. "goodnight jimin."

"goodnight, yoongi hyung."

they hung up at the same time, placed their phones on a table and dozed off.

but they were still awake, thinking the other was sleeping soundly.

min yoongi wanted danger. he wanted dangers voice.

and park jimin wanted a box of chocolates.

***********

lol i went shopping and i got hella
ill do a haul for y'all over on my book [sex] if u want :')