Training with Kurome

Akame's pov
We were all sitting at the table discussing strategies for getting Tatsumi back.YN left early to see how difficult it will be to do so. Just then, I heard the door open. We all turned to see YN standing there.

"Hey guys I got some bad news. It seems like she's pretty much got him on lockdown plus she's in love with him. I saw her using him as a body pillow." He explained

"Okay. Why were you in her bedroom?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Because I literally checked every other part of the place and didn't find him." he answered.

"So how hard do you think it would be to get him back?" I asked which caused him to sigh.

"Next to impossible. We might have to wait for him to get back on his own." He said running his hand through his hair.

"Well we should wait until tomorrow to see how things turn out." I said to which he nodded.

"I agree. Well I'm going to try to get a few more hours of sleep." He said as I nodded.

"Alright. Sleep well." I said with a smile.

Timeskip to around 10 AM.

Kurome's pov

YN told me and "partner" to skip breakfast for the training we're going to be doing today. I don't know why plus he is having me work with Mine a person who I always butt heads with.

"Hey Sweet Tooth." I heard Mine call annoying me.

"Hello Pinkie." I responded which irritated her.

"Why y-"

"Enough!!!"

We turned to see YN standing there annoyed with us.

"Why did you put me with her?" I asked pointing at Mine.

"Because I can. Now shut the hell up." He answered sternly which caught me off guard.

He was such a sweet person yesterday. It's like he's a completely different person.

"Now here's the task." he said reaching into his pocket and pulling out a bell.

"All you have to do is take this bell away from me before noon. Fail to do so and you will go without lunch and be tied up to those training posts while I eat mine in front of you." he said as my jaw dropped.

He can't be serious can he? That's just cruel.

"Now then. Let's begin" He said before assuming a battle stance.

I instantly ran at him. I'm not getting tied up today. When I reached him I went for his head. He ducked and punched me in the stomach. I felt the air leave my body and I knelt to the ground getting my bearings. Mine wasn't doing much better.

Timeskip to after training

We both failed and were currently tied up. YN had a look of disappointment.

"Good grief." he said.

I just looked down. I failed this first test horribly.

"Kurome" YN called getting my attention.

"You asked me earlier why I partnered you with Mine. It's because I knew you two wouldn't get along." He said which confused me.

"In the end, both you and Mine failed to see my intention which was to get you two to put aside your differences and work together. If you two would have came at me at once, you would have had a better chance of getting the bell." He explained as I looked down ashamed.

"That's why there was only one bell. You knew it would cause conflict between us." Mine said beside me.

"Exactly. It doesn't matter who you're with. Night Raid is a team and you are expected to act like one" YN said before standing up.

"We'll try again next time. I'm going to allow you two to eat. That was added for conflict as well. But next time I'll be serious about it" YN said as he untied us.

When YN was gone I turned my attention to Mine.

"Mine. I'm sorry for all those times I fought with you. Calling you Pinkie, mocking you, and everything else I did." I apologized which made her smile.

"I'm sorry for everything I did as well. So friends?" Mine said extending her hand.

"Friends" I said as I shook her hand.

Third Person pov

YN was watching Kurome and Mine from within a tree using Eagle Eye's invisibility. He was pleased at what he was seeing

"Well done Kurome. I'm proud of you."