Chapter 17 : "Asleep"

Zach's POV

"Uh... Yeah sure. Why not." Jonah answered.

"Alright then. Let's go and work out in the hallway." I lead him and Jack outside the classroom. We sat down against the wall with our guitars in an awkward silence.

"So.. you're taking guitar now?" I asked Jonah. He nodded in response. "But I thought you said you couldn't sing." I pushed. "Or at least that's kinda what you implied during the other day at lunch."

"How about we actually start working on this project and stop asking questions about me." Jonah spoke up, causing Jack to glance at me.

"Fine. Show us what you got." I sighed.

-

Skylar's POV

Lunch

"Stop staring at me. It's creepy." I told Jonah, who was sitting across from me with a wide smile.

"I don't want to." He insisted. "You look nice."

"I literally threw on a random outfit. How do I look nice?!" I stated. He shrugged.

"Are you busy today?" He asked.

"Zach's coming over at 5:30." I replied while eating a french fry.

"Ok, then I'll come over right after school." He decided. I stared at him blankly.

"You better keep you're mouth shut then." I remarked.

"What if I don't?" He smirked.

"My mom's home." I mentioned. "Just don't do.... whatever it is that you do, in front of her."

"Oh." He sat there in thought. "She'll love me, don't worry." He said after a few seconds.

"We'll see about that."

-

I walked out the school building with Jonah, who was gonna drive home with me. On our way to his car, Madison came up to us.

"Hey Skylar." She flashed a smile that was for sure 100% fake.

"What do you want?" I groaned.

"Oh, nothing.. you know. I just wanted to talk." She responded.

"Madison, I don't have time for your games." I sighed.

"Oh no, not you." She shook her head and twirled her hair around her finger. "I'm here to talk to your so called 'boyfriend'. Not you, silly."

She laughed and gave me a cold stare through the fake plastered smile that was slapped across her face. She turned to Jonah. "We should hang out more." She winked, making me roll my eyes.

Jonah shifted his feet and stared at her. Madison blew a bubble with the bubblegum that she was obnoxiously chewing and continued to play with her hair.

"Hell-o, I'm waiting for an answer." She blinked, looking at Jonah. He shook his head.

"I'm kinda busy... maybe you should find someone else?" He answered. Madison stared at him blankly.