Chapter 14 : Admitting It

Zach's POV

Right when I left Skylar's house, I drove to Jack's place to meet up with him and Corbyn.

I parked my car in his driveway and knocked on the front door. Corbyn came to the door and let me in.

"You took forever to get here." He commented.

"Yeah, what took you so long?" Jack asked from the couch. I sat down next to him.

"I was working on a project with Skylar." I answered. Instead of replying, Jack smiled to himself as he stared at his phone screen. "Who you texting?" I questioned.

"Emma."

"Just ask her out on a proper date already. What's taking you so long?"

"Ha, that's coming from the guy who won't admit that he's crushing on Skylar." Jack snorted.

"And that's coming from the guy who couldn't get his crush to talk to him until now since fourth grade." I snapped.

"Who told you that?" He narrowed his eyes, turning to face me.

"Skylar." I responded.

"Yep, you have a crush on her." Jack confirmed, looking back down at his phone.

"I don't have a crush on her." I denied.

"Tell that to your face. It's red." He pointed out.

"It's a natural thing! I don't like it." I groaned.

"Yeah, but you're actually blushing this time." He argued.

"Alright. So what? Even if I do like her, I can't do anything about it. We're most likely just friends. She's dating that sh*tbag, Jonah. He's her boyfriend." I rolled my eyes.

Jack erupted from laughter. "You're joking right?" I shook my head. "But didn't he just move here?" He furrowed his eyebrows, looking up from his phone screen. I nodded.

"That's the point. I don't get it either." I shrugged. "Maybe she knew him before he moved here to L.A."

"Where did he move here from?" Corbyn looked at me.

"I have no idea but I hope he moves back." I grumbled. "I don't like him- he's annoying and gives me the heebie-geebies."

"Oooh looks like someone's jealous!" Jack teased.

"I'm not jealous.. why would I be jealous? Im happy for them..
well for Skylar at least."

"Keep telling yourself that." He sighed. At that same moment, a text notification appeared on my lock screen. I gave it a glance and noticed that it was from Skylar. I smiled to myself.

"Whatcha smilin' about, Herron?" Jack poked me on my shoulder. Corbyn sat down to my left, causing me to be sandwiched between him and Jack.

"It's Sk-"

"You like her. It's obvious." Jack cut me off.

"Would you let me finish?" I shot him a dirty look.

"Go ahead." He shrugged.

"Thank you." I opened the notification. "Oh. She said I left my hoodie at her house."

"Let her keep it." Corbyn mentioned. "Girls like it when you do that. I know Christina does."

"Are you sure? I bet she'd rather have Jonah's." I pointed out. Jack snatched my phone from my hand and started typing away.

"Lemme handle this." He said as I strangled to get it back from him.