He didn't care and started dancing as he walked to our side. The class drummers started drumming again and everyone started chanting for Mr Zamani.

Mary Barau quickly covered his eyes with her handkerchief and tied it before she left him dancing alone in the middle. Like I said, he was a horrible dancer. But we still hailed him.

"Go Mallam! Go Mallam!"

He changed from his lazy dance steps and started breaking into his 90s dance moves, making the whole situation worse.

Everyone was still laughing in amusement at Mr Zamani. He was a very rare teacher. He was also the coolest, funniest and friendliest teacher any student could ask for. If only all teachers could be like him.

Suddenly, the bell rang, causing everyone to groan. It was time for the first class and thankfully, it was English class, which means Mr Zamani was still going to be here.

"Alright pupils!" He laughed and stopped dancing while removing his handkerchief, "Settle down and get out your books."

******

We've been thirty minutes into the first period and the class was silent. Mostly because half of the class was sleeping. The rest of us were copying notes from the chalkboard that Mr Zamani was writing on.

One thing that frustrated me the most was that I was sitting in front, directly behind mr Zamani. So I could not sleep. It was very unusual for me to sit in front rows but today, I was too late to rush for the middle or back seat because sitting on the middle and back seats was a marathon for us. First come, first serve.

As Mr Zamani was writing on the chalkboard, I heard Peace slam her pen on her table which was directly behind me.

"Mr Zamani?" She rose her hand.

"Yes?" He stopped writing and turned around.

"I can't see the board well." She complained, "Miriam is blocking me."

I rolled my eyes and continue my writing, ignoring her unnecessary complain. Mr Zamani looked around and saw the class was full, obviously knowing that the tables and chairs were always set to fit the number of students in the class.

"You just have to manage and stretch your neck." Mr Zamani replied and turned around to continue writing on the board.

"What's this unnecessary stress," Peace hissed and rested back on her chair with arms folded in annoyance, "There's nothing more I hate than fat people sitting in front rows of class."

The class gasped and started making noise. Mr Zamani just shook his head while writing on the board, not bothering about whatever was happening behind.

I stopped writing and glared at my book, thinking of a way to get at the fool behind me. I have never gotten into a fight with Peace, but if this was what she was looking for today, then I better be ready.

"At least their grades are not the same as their bra size." Fatima insulted her.

The class, the boys mostly, roared with laughter. Everyone knew what Peace's bra size was. It was a D. And her grades were not even any better than her bra size.