Chapter 39

Song: We won't move by Arlissa

A/N: Please everything you've read and are about to read are fictional. Although some parts were inspired by real life events.

Chapter 39

Abbas Hassan Ribadu's case was taken to court. It has been three weeks since his arrest and today was the second court hearing. This was the day that Hamid was going to give a testimony as a witness against him.

"Kaka, I'm going to school now." I lied while poking my head on kaka's room door, not wanting her to see what I was wearing.

She waved without bothering to turn back to look at me as she laid on her side of the bed while backing me.

Kaka has been having malaria for the past two days. She was too weak to do anything and I begged her to stay at home and not go to work until she was better.

"Don't forget to take the anti-malaria drugs." I reminded before shutting the door.

I looked down at my brown church dress that I was going to wear for the court visit. I needed to look formal since I wasn't going to wear my school uniform.

I decided to skip school today to support Hamid. Sworn testimonies were no jokes. I lied to the school that I wasn't feeling well and they gave me permission to take the day off. The crazy thing I did for love.

I rose my head to glance at Kaka's door for the last time before leaving for the court.

****

The crowd in the court was not as much as the one for Mr Zamani's case. More than half of the people here were the shia Muslims who came to support their imam.

As I entered the court gate, the securities simply greeted me and let me pass. If it was few weeks ago, they would have been searching my wrist by now. The wrist stop and search for the killer's scar has ended. Everyone started to doubt that Sadiq was telling the truth. Most people believed it was just his imagination.

"Hamid, where are you?" I asked over the phone while looking around the front compound for him after I called his number, "I'm here."

"Come to the back of the second building," He replied, "I'm waiting there."

He cut the call before I could ask why we have to meet there. I scanned through the compound for the second bungalow building and headed there once I found it.

I got to the back of the building and looked around for Hamid but he wasn't there. I walked to the end to see if he was hiding at the other end of the building but he wasn't there too.

"Mariam."

I turned around at the sound of my name to see Hamid walking into the back of the building from the other end. He took off the shiny black military cap on his head and smiled at me.

He looked different.

He wasn't wearing his regular camouflage uniform this time. He wore a more formal military uniform that was only worn for special occasions.

He was dressed in a white collar shirt and grey tie along with a plain green blazer and trousers that had a big red strap around the blazer waist and sides of the trouser. There was a white rope thing hanging from his right shoulder down to the second button on his blazer. The uniform looked quite big on him but it didn't stop him from looking good. Even though he was a bit overdressed for a court witness.