Welcome Home

I stand in the house that used to be mine and now was mine again.
With bags in hand and smiles on faces.

Yet it felt so eerie and felt so unwelcoming, but at the same time, I never felt so at home and in love.

I glanced over and noticed the chip in the paint where the cellphone collided with drywall.
In a day that hopefully will be a long-lost forgotten memory.

We had takeout for dinner like we used to. Watched movies on the couch till nightfall as we did it the old easy days of us living together.

I lay on his legs, and while he is focused on the television I study his handsome face. The shadow beard that was along his jawline. His hair was a light brown almost dark blonde color that rested itself upon his head.
Those brown eyes that held nothing but light in mine.

Somewhere along the time span of the night I had fallen asleep right there close to him.
When I woke I was being carried by the man I love down the hall to our room.

He laid me gently, pulling the covers to my chin, and laid a kiss on my forehead.

Soon, he laid in the bed and wrapped his arms around my small body protectively.

Those nights were my favorite kind of nights.

To Those Who Worryजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें