𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 4

*♡*♡*♡*♡*

~(timeskip) Monday~

NICOLE'S POV

It's already lunchtime. Then Jade and her friends join lunch with me.

"Hey Nicole!" Jade waved at me as I waved back.

"May we join you?" Cree asked.

"Sure." I said as they sat down.

"Oh hey girls!" Mace waved at us.

"Hey." We girls said.

"Have you guys seen Lance?" Rico asked.

"He's been ignoring our calls, texts,videocalls,chats and etc." Thomas said.

"Your right. Where have he been?" Lizzy asked.

"Nicole, have you seen Lance after last Friday?" Jade asked.

"Oh umm.. no I don't." I lied.

"Weird. Lance never ignores us before." Cree said.

"Well if you girls know where he is, please tell us ahead." Rico said.

"Sure." Lizzy said.

"So can we join you girls?" Mace asked.

"No problem." Jade replied.

"Sweet!" Thomas said as they all sat down.

They start talking and laughing. It reminds me of Lance last Saturday..

/FLASHBACK/

"Actually... it's not a friendship date." He said as I looked at him.

"It's our.... first date."

I paused.

"Wha-whaattt???" I said as I gasped.

"Brea I have a confession. This feeling starts when we first met." He said.

"Brea I think you know what I meant."

/END OF FLASHBACK/

It's all my fault on Lance's accident. But the question there is... is his alive or..

Dead?

After school, I went home and grab some snacks. After grabbing some snacks, I heard a doorbell. I ran to the door and open it.

But there was no one outside but I check my mailbox and wowza a new mail.

I grabbed the mail then I quickly went back inside the house and ran to the room. I jumped onto my bed and open the mail. I take a deep breath then I looked at the mail.

It wasn't just a mail. It is a newspaper of the latest news. I remember that Dad always deliver newspapers to our house every Monday and Saturdays.

Anywaya, back to the newspaper, I opened the newspaper and read the front page or the top news of the week. The top saying says 'A 16 year-old boy lost and found at the Mathana River'. Then the sayings below said 'Yesterday, Sunday morning, a dead body was found inside a car at the Mathana River here in California. It was a guy with black hair and is currently around 16 years old based on the DNA. This boy's name is Lance Dae Lim. His parents were contacted early morning about the situation.' And a blur picture was shown below the sayings.

After reading the newspaper, I frozed in silence. Tears started streaming down my face, over and over again. I crumpled and throw the newspaper away. It's all my fault. All mine.

TBC..

~M <3