**13**

Christina's POV

A week later

My mom didn't come back, she left me. I built a great bond with Adrian, he is all I have left.

''One more boy'' I say in soothing tone as he canters towards an oxer. He easily bounces off the ground and I grip the reins. ''Well done'' I say and and ask for walk which he obeys. I pull the reins and he walks to the exit of the training circle. I smile and pet his neck. I suddenly hear a strong engine. I turn around and see a truck with a trailer. ''Great'' I mouth and purse Adrian to walk towards the stable.

I dismount as he walks in and then flip the reins over his head. I lead him to the tack room and tie him to a wooden cross. I sigh, taking my riding helmet off. I shake my head and my hair falls to my shoulders. I loosen the girth and take the Arabian saddle off.

I smile and rub his back with the saddle pad before taking it off

I smile and rub his back with the saddle pad before taking it off. I take the reins off and grab his halter, leading him to his box. ''Bye!'' I shout and he whinnies after me. I chuckle and hop out of the stable. The truck is parked on the parking lot. I walk to it and see Melanie, Dallen, William and Beatrice. ''Good day'' I say, examining everyone. Out of the truck's passenger side comes a girl with long auburn hair, green eyes, ivory skin with some freckles and some cowboy clothing.

''Hello, I am Victoria Lindsey'' She says and shakes hands with everyone. ''Christina'' I say and she smiled warmly. ''Come on, gonna get her out'' She mutters and walks to the trailer. She presses one button and the door slowly open. As they fully open she enters and does something inside.

Soon she comes out with an amazing mare. A bay Arabian mare. ''This is Celebrity, she is my horse and I will take care of her here'' She says and I smile as she stomps her hoof against the ground. ''She is amazing'' I compliment and Victoria smiles, ''Thank you''. I smile back and think of Adrian.

I am sure he will like Celebrity, she seems like a bad girl.

''Come on, I will show you the stable'' I say and she smiles, nodding in thanks. She attaches the lead rope to her halter and leads her behind us. ''How long have you been with Celebrity?'' I ask and the said horse snorts. ''Far as I can remember'' She says and I nod smiling.

We walk in the stable and I hear Adrian neighing. ''Who is that?'' Victoria asks and I chuckle. ''That is Adrian, the first Arabian horse here, I am the only one that can calm him and bond with him, though he is calmer now'' I explain and walk to Adrian's box in few strides. ''Hey, good boy'' I say and rub his muzzle. Celebrity walks carefully and extends her head to him. ''Be a gentleman Adrian'' I warn playfully and step away as they greet. Adrian nips her muzzle and she snorts. ''Good, now, lets get her to her box, right next to his'' I say and Victoria leads her horse to a box near Adrian's. She takes the lead rope off and gets her inside with a halter.

''Now, I can show you around if you'd like to'' I say and she nods, before walking to Celebrity. ''It is your new home now, don't worry'' She whispers and puts her forehead on hers.  I smile and she comes. ''Now, lets see the tack room and your tack'' I walk to the said place and she follows.

I show her some nice saddles and tell her which are taken. ''Is this one?'' She asks, looking at an English trail saddle. ''No, you can have that one'' I say and she smiles nodding. I look out and sigh. ''Well, you saw where the cabin is, everyone is waiting you there'' I inform and she nods, walking away. ''Thank you!'' She shouts before leaving. I smile and walk back to Adrian's box. Celebrity snorts and I smile, rubbing her muzzle. She relaxes and I smile and then walk to Adrian.

''Come on for a ride''

He snorts and I chuckle, taking the halter off. ''Tack-less''.

I grab on his silky mane and hoist my self on his back. He walks in place and then moves as I pull his mane. I nudge his flank with my boot, asking for trot. He obeys and we get out of the stable. He snorts and prances his head, walking proudly. I hit him lightly and he utters a canter. I smile as I he jumps over the ranch fence.

After an hour or less we made it to a glade that was decorated with lush green grass and surrounded with ash tree forests, along with one enormous oak tree somewhere in the middle. As far as I could see were fields and forests and the horizon was cut off by big mountains, whose tops reached in clouds.

I love it already.

''Come on, let's stop here'' I say and dismount lightly.

I sit on the grass and look at few ants that pass by. Adrian lies next to me and nudges my shoulder. ''Hey''.

I pet his nose and he snorts, blowing slime on me. I breath out a laugh and he nickers, putting his head on my shoulder. My expression changes quickly as I hear someone yelling on another field. Adrian's ears perk forward in alert. He stands up and I mirror his actions and then mount him. I hear someone call again.

''Come on Adrian'' I purse him to gallop as we run by the oak tree. There is a shallow creek separating the two fields. Adrian jumps over slightly and we make it to another field. I see a woman crying.

''Stay here'' I say and dismount Adrian, I pat his shoulder and he stays on the place. ''Hello?'' I cal and hear more sobbing form the young woman. ''H-hi'' She stutters. She has pale skin with some freckles, black hair in bob hairstyle and steel gray eyes. Her eyes are red from crying and her face is wet. ''What is wrong?'' I ask and she sniffs and sobs.

''My horse, she got scared by a rabbit and threw me off, she ran off one night ago, she is somewhere in the forest'' She speaks through sobs and cries again. I whistle and Adrian comes. ''I will try to look for her, give me some details how she looks'' I note and she wipes her tears away, still sobbing.

''She, she is a mustang, she is seal bay and has a white blaze on her face, she is terrified easily and hard to catch, I hope she is okay'' She sobbed and I hugged her in a comforting way. ''My name is Christina, no worries, I will help you'' I say and she nods, wiping the tears away. ''I am Arah, thank you so much, I owe you'' She sobs quietly and I smile, rubbing her back.

''There is a ranch a kilometer away, reach it and tell everyone where I am'' I say and stand up, she nods and without saying a word she leaves. ''Come on Adrian, she is counting on us'' I say and groan as I hoist on his back. He neighs and rears a little. ''A long trip, we will find that girl'' I say and he snorts, in agreement.

There the journey begins.

 An adventure starting! Can't wait to update more! Please comment and vote!

Love you all,

~Dakota Hambry