**5**

Tina's Point Of View

I am waken up by the sound of angry neighing. I jolt out of the couch and toss the blanket away. I walk outside the cabin and see Adrian rearing and neighing. I quickly run to the place and try to calm him, ''Easy boy''. He pins his ears back and storms to one man and bites him. The man screams in pain and crawls away. The storm clouds are gathering on the sky, lightning strikes the ground nearby and Adrian rears. ''Easy'' I coo and stand in front of him and he gets back on the ground. He snorts heavily and looks at my eyes. I extend my hand and pet his cheek. He puts his head on my elbow and nips my shirt. ''Well done Miss Farley'' Beatrice says as she pets my back. The horse pins his ears and gives few sharp glances to the major.

''I believe he earned none of our trust Tina, today is your first ride'' She says as my eyes grow wide, ''What?''. ''Yes, you heard me'' She speaks, ''You will have to try him, alone''. 

Everyone walks away, leaving me alone with the before-angry horse. I pet his neck and sit on a hay bale. Riding an untamed horse? Me?

I chuckle slightly and Adrian trots to me. ''Hello Adrian'' I say as he lowers his head to my hand. I pet him and he neighs a little. He raises his head and I look towards the sky that was clearing up. I take look at my wrist watch and see it is 8 o'clock AM. I smile and stand up, brushing the hay from my butt. I walk around the sandy place and see Melanie with Milky, ''Morning Melanie!''. ''Morning, how are you?'' She asks kindly and smiles at Adrian who has his head on my shoulder. ''I am fine, you?'' I respond and she nods, ''I'm okay''. She walks away with Milky and Adrian whinnies in my ear.

                         *****

''So, where is the tack?'' I ask as I walk through the stable with Melanie.  ''Here'' She says and points to nice tack that would fit on Adrian.

  ''Here'' She says and points to nice tack that would fit on Adrian

I smile and run a hand over the smooth saddle. ''Need help to carry it?'' She asks and I shake my head.  I take the tack and walk with it to Adrian's box. He whinnies as he looks at the tack. I grab his halter and attach the rope to it. I lead him out of the box and tie him around a wooden bar. I rub his back slowly and he neighs happily. I put the saddle pad on and he sniffs around. I pet his cheek and put the saddle on. He doesn't react much. I tighten the saddle belt and put the halter off. I put the reins on and realize I don't need bits. I take them off slowly and throw them somewhere.

I throw the reins over his neck and lead him to the outside. ''Okay then, I hope this will be good'' I say and slowly mount him. He walks in circles slowly until I pull the reins. ''Bye Tina, be careful!'' My mother calls and others wave to me.

Adrian walks slowly until I don't purse him to trot. He snorts a little and then goes to canter. I hold the reins and sigh heavily as I purse him to gallop. He whinnies and starts galloping faster then I've ever seen. I chuckle happily and pet his neck.

He runs fast and then slows down as I pull the reins. He snorts and goes for a walk. I stop him and dismount gently. I pet his neck and hug his head. ''You are a good horse'' I say and then look around. We are at a nice glade with forests surrounding us, further than the ranch. I smile and walk to the forest with Adrian following me. I pet his neck and continue walking.  When we get in the forest I hear leaves shuffling. I smile as I see a doe run by. Adrian neighs and walks to a low tree. He starts picking the leaves off and munching them slowly.

I smile and sit on a log as I pick one leaf, ''Trust your luck''. I bite the leaf and stars chewing it. I soon spit it out with disgust. Adrian gives me a laughing neigh and continues eating the leaves.

I chuckle and take a bar of chocolate. I bite it slowly and Adrian raises his head at my loud munching. I smile and he lowers his head to the grass. I eat more of the chocolate and then get it back in my pocket. I lay on the log and close my eyes.