**7**

Tina's POV

What we hear is gunshots. I gasp and run out of the cabin. I hear horses neighing in fear. ''Quick, to the stable'' Bett yells and I nod and walk there after her. I hear more gun shooting. My mother gets close to me and I hug her. I then walk in the stable and get to Adrian's box. He is rearing and kicking the door to exit. ''Whoa, easy boy'' I coo and he neighs. I hear gun shoots get closer. ''Christina!'' Bett yells and I turn to the stable door. ''Adrian is the fastest horse hear, you have to ride to Golden Calf ranch, 20 kilometers from here'' She exclaims as the thunder comes. The lighting strikes somewhere far and the gunshots scare the horses. ''I can't I-'' I was cut off, ''You have to, you can only ride him''. I sigh and nod. The thunder continues and the rain falls hardly. I walk to Adrian and start taking the tack. ''You have no time for tack! Just ride bare-back!'' My mom yells, I nod and open the box. I grab Adrian's halter and he neighs and rears.

''Easy, easy boy'' I whisper to his ear and he calms down. ''You've gotta trust me now, trust me, okay?'' I say quietly as the thunder gets stronger and rain falls harder. I sigh and mount him, holding to his mane. ''Ride Tina, call the police on that ranch'' Bett yells and Melanie looks at me with worried look. ''No worries, I will be fine'' I say, mostly looking at Melanie. I purse Adrian and he runs across the muddy path. The rain wets my hair and clothes soon, before I could even get out of the ranch. Adrian jumps over the fence and continues running through the long grass. Twenty kilometers you say, ain't an easy ride. I hug his neck tightly and he snorts loudly. I hear gunshots in the background and Adrian runs faster.

''Come on Adrian, a bit more'' I encourage him and he snorts. He runs with my view all smudgy and rain wetting my head and making it hurt. I groan and hold onto his wet mane.

Minutes later

I see lights somewhat further than here. ''There'' I say exhausted and Adrian runs to the place. I pat his neck and quickly dismount. ''Anyone!'' I yell and look around. ''Yes, miss what do you need this late?'' A man that looks like a police officer asks. ''There is gun shooting back there at the ranch, please help before it comes to any bigger damage'' I say panting heavily. ''We'll be on our way, rest here and take your horse to the stable'' He says and I nod, pulling Adrian's halter. I hug his neck and kiss his cheek. ''You good horse'' I say and chuckle as I lead him to the stall. I brush his wet coat with some hay and pant. He snorts and stomps his hoof as I attach the lead rope to his halter. I hug his leg and sit on the hay next to him.

I see a woman enter the stall, she is holding a tray with a mug on it. She walks to me and leans a bit down. ''Thank you'' I say as I take the warm mug, full of hot chocolate. She nods and walks away. I sip the chocolate and look at Adrian. I turn around and take a handful alfalfa hay. He snorts and I feed him the hay.

I stroke his leg up and down and he snorts, eating the hay. ''You wasted enough energy, now lets find something more'' I suggest and stand up, leaving the mug on the hay bale. I look around and find a box of alfalfa cubes. I hope nobody will mind. I take a handful of the small cubes and feed them to Adrian. He munches them and then places his head on my shoulder. It's him. He loves me. Someone I love and someone loves me again. ''I will never let you down Adrian'' I say and hug him tightly. He snorts and places his head on my shoulder. I smile and stroke his neck.

I look out the stall and see the rain stop. The water is dripping from the top and falling onto the already wet ground. I smile and sit in the hay.

I never knew someone like Adrian would come to my life. I never understood till now that I am the one he trusts. I never knew he'd carry me so far and long. I never knew him. I wish he was there before, when I needed him the most.

I wish I knew. I know now after all the years someone loves me again, someone I will love forever and never let them down. I will never make the same mistake again, not this time.

I smile as I look up at Adrian. He snorts and lowers his head to my face. I pet his cheek and he breaths in my face, I breath back and place my head on his. My head starts to hurt and I get in the hay. I close my eyes and fall asleep.

Hope you like the chapter. Please leave a comment.

Luv ya all, enjoy and best wishes!

~D. Hambry