25 days: New neighbor

I rolled my eyes as I walked past them. Sammi and Samuel practically jumped out of my arms to get to the living to watch cartoons. My little half-sister, Alisha, hugged Jason and Beth before running after the twins.

"No love for Zach?" Zach said acting fake offended. We all laughed at him.

I made my way upstairs to my room while the other did the same. I later came down to cook dinner for everyone since it was my turn to cook.

"Smells good," Jason complimented as he walked into the kitchen. "Thanks. Do me a solid and set the table," I said politely. He nodded as he scraped up some honey sauce with his finger, licking it off. "Gross. Wash your hands, freak," I said with disgust. He laughed, before complying.

Dinner was awkward. While me and all my siblings get along for the most part, Jamie never really liked my mom's kids. I suppose she expected my dad to leave us behind and continue on with being her husband and father to her kids, but that obviously wasn't the case. Now, she just glares at us during meals.

"So, has anyone heard from J.T.? I wish he could've joined us," my dad said breaking the silence. Everyone's movement halted when he said our brother's name. We all looked around waiting for someone to say something, but nobody did. Thankfully, there was a knock at the door. "I'll get it," I said practically flying out of my seat to leave that conversation. I sped walked up to the door and opened it. There stood before me was a boy. He was wearing baseball cap which casted a shadow across his face. I could only make out a little bit of his features.

"Hey. I'm your new neighbor," the boy said.
His voice sounded familiar. I assume he's the boy from earlier. Anica ran to the door and whisper yelled at him " Jay what the hell are you doing here?"
Jay. Such a simple name.
"Hi Jay. I'm Bianca. So, you just moved here?" I said trying to act friendly
"Yeah. Right next to you guys on the left," he smiled in a...flirty way?
"Cool. Wanna join us? We're just having dinner." I asked.
"No!" Anica yelled.
Everyone looked at us. I elbowed her in her ribs signaling her to shut up.
"Don't be rude."
"Um. Don't worry. I can't anyway. I have to unpack. I just wanted to come and introduce myself. I'll see you at school." He answered back.
"Yeah. See you at school," I repeated back with a smile.
"Bye Ms. Bianca," he beamed.
I smiled one last time before closing the door. I looked at Anica who was still rubbing her ribs.
"Ow!" She said to me as if I was supposed to feel bad.
"Stop being such a baby. It's not like I hit your boobs. Well not that I could," I joked.
"Oh hardy har har," she mocked while rolling her eyes. "So funny."

After dinner I decided to take a shower to wash this day off of me. As I was washing my hair, I heard the door creak. "Hello?" I said, expecting my siblings or dad to answer. Nothing. "Jason? Beth? Anica?" I tried each name and still didn't get an answer. A minute later I heard a door close.

When I got out of the shower, I noticed the door cracked open. I quickly grabbed my towel, wrapping it around me, and peaked my head into the hallway. It was empty. I signed before closing the door.

I let my hair air dry as I did my homework. I played music to drown out the silence. Then it happened. That feeling came back. I felt eyes on me. Eyes were definitely on me.

I scanned the room until my eyes met my window. I saw Jay looking at me. The fear sort of faltered when I saw it was him. He smiled and waved. I waved back. He signaled me to open my window. I pulled up the window, locking it in place.

"Hey stranger," I said resting my arms on the window sill.

AbductedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara