Sweet Apocalypta-Requiem of memories

Bắt đầu từ đầu

A child, about the age of six, had been rocking herself among broken glass and scattered debris; Her blue eyes, tangled blonde hair and mangled body all as worned down like her little yellow gown that flickered in a smoke laced breeze. She looked up, meeting the eyes of seering silver and faded brown that had been staring her down at her for a pained moment, painted lips of faded violet turned down in a frown.

Sadessa knelt down, her intentions were of a good nature, but the child hissed and backed away. Sadessa stood back up, and turned her attention to the large, brooding man who had passed her by to talk with a man who was selling meat. Rat meat.

"Picky about your food ey?" The man snarled at Wonka. "Well too fucking bad. We ran out of food months ago. We're down to eating dogs, rats.. even these little fucks when we capture them." he kicked a cage, and Sadessa, along with Gerald and Maybelynne all gasped.

"Little Dude.." May whispered in a low tone, switching her eyes from Sadessa and Gerald to the cage that held a young Oompa Loompa, who was cradling two babies. He was beaten, battered, but the fight in his eyes had never left. And the fight came back stronger when he saw his fellow humans among the fray of people.

"Well, I'll take the Oompa loompa and the two babies. I'm a big guy, I need plenty protein." Wonka said, eyeing a group of men who was armed with machine guns. They stood on the rooftops of the houses that lined each side of the streets, taking the form of sihlouettes as flames from bonfires burned high behind them.

The meat marketer laughed in a monotone manner, his brown eyes cold and crude. "These are a rarity, so you better pay good."

Wonka shifted his weight to his other leg, lifting his brow. "Name your price."

The man, licking his lips switched his eyes to Maybelynne and Sadessa. "Your girls look like they are in good shape, unlike the poor excuses of women we have in this town. The curvy one.. she looks like a good trade."

Sadessa's eyes widened, her expression foreshadowing a hint of fear. She had been through this before, with her mother who had traded her to men for drugs as well as her father sharing her with his friends.

Play with daddy's friends, princess. They will play nice...

Wonka looked back, catching the lost look of fear in his comrade's eyes. Turning back to the Oompa Loompa in the cage, he nodded. "I'm sure she'll make you happy."

"It's okay.." May whispered, looking to Sadessa. "You know what to do."

Dessa looked at May, shaking the fear in her heart as she slowly walked toward the meat marketer.

He was in his fourties, scarred and thin. A scruffy salt and pepper beard covering his sickly looking face. He smirked, then pushed the cage to Wonka. "Good trade..."

Wonka picked the cage up, slipping his fingers through the square holes, giving a small nod of awknowledgement to Little Dude.

Little Dude touched Wonka's fingers, giving a look of thanks in the process. Although he once considered Wonka an enemy, he had seen, in the small amount of time he spent with Wonka, that he wasn't an evil man. All of those resentments he held so dear to him, had faded into oblivion. And a sense of respect for Wonka replaced all of the bitter feelings, especially after coming all this way to find him and the babies.

Two days earlier, when the crew went back to the college district, they had found that it had been destroyed. Wonka knew what caused the place to fall to ruin, but he wasn't ready to find himself being distraught with the sight of his elderly friend laying in a pool of his own blood, just barely hanging on. Gerald had retrieved a note and pen so that RonRon could write and when he gave the note to Gerald he read, in scribbly letters, the words "Beverly hills.. Save them.."