11

song- So ColdbyBen Cocks

song- So Cold
by
Ben Cocks

"YOU BOTH disobeyed a direct order." Stan's gruf voice fills the room, him looking pissed, more pissed than usual, his face stoic.

"No, we made a decision to pursue the target and we completed the mission, and sir isn't that what we're here to do? Isn't that our job?" Mitch raises his voice slightly, me nodding along with his words.

"You're fucking job is to do what I fucking tell you!" Stan explodes, slamming his fist in the air, his eyes shooting daggers at Mitch and I.

"Sir, with all due respect, we finished the job, we killed Sharif, what else did you want us to do? Just let him go?" At this point, I feel rage inside of me, Stan being the cause of that rage.

Yes, we did disobey him, and yes, it could've led to serious consequences, but it didn't. We took out the target, hopefully without a trace, we did what we were supposed to do.

"Stan?" My head snaps to the door, Irene Kennedy, who had came on Hurley's command, stands there, placing her briefcase on the table.

She glances at me and Mitch, before diverting her eyes to Stan, him telling Mitch and I to wait in here, and for the first time, we actually comply to his order.

"For a minute I thought he was going to shoot us." I speak up, my eyes moving to Mitch, his gaze already on me.

His eyes are calculating, the light brown color mezmerising as his face has a ghost of a smile on it, "me too." He agrees silently, scratching the side of his face before he stands up, moving to the table where his bag lays, him propping a few things in.

I eye him intently, noticing him holding a picture in his hand, inspecting it, holding it as if it is the most valuable thing in the world and I can't help but think that maybe it is a picture of him and Katrina.

With a sigh, the guilt resurfacing again, I stand up from my chair, moving to the couch in the far corner where I had placed my bag with neccesities in, such as my clothes, and of course, my knives.

Grabbing the bag, my eyes divert to the door where Stan Hurley and Irene Kennedy are standing, both of them having concerned looks on their faces.

I decide against questioning their concern, knowing that Hurley will yell at me for snooping.

"Pleoh, Rapp, let's go." Stan instructs, turning his back on us before I stop him, "where are we going?"

"You're both staying at a hotel, Irene seems to think it's safer for the two of you, we never know who's attention you attracted when pulling thst stupid fucking stunt." Stan's words are harsh, him storming out of the room, Irene sighing, looking disatisfied with Hurley's behaviour as she exits after him.

My eyes skim over to Mitch, who's already following behind Irene, and without another thought, I make my way after them.

▪▪▪