8

song- R

song- R.I.P to my youth
by
The Neighbourhood

SNEAKING SILENTLY through the house, I try to keep my footsteps as light as possible, looking over my shoulder every once in a while as I let out a silent breath.

Currently, it's exactly 3:59.

After Mitch had left me back on the roof, I couldn't help but question his behaviour, my curiosity increasing by each passing seconds, and being the snitch I am, I had thought of a plan.

I know that this is so wrong and that if Mitch ever finds out he'll maybe kill me, but it's what I do for a living.

I unravel secrets, I analyse people, I'm a curious person in general.

With a few last steps, I stop in front of Stan Hurley's study room, the same room where he showed me a god awful memory.

My hand moves to the knob of the door, finding it locked.

With a quiet groan, I pull a bobby pin from my hair, crouching down a little to come face to face with the knob.

Placing the bobby pin in the keyhole, I struggle for a good five minutes before the door finally unlocks.

Grinning slightly, I enter Stan's study, my eyes landing on the laptop neatly placed on the wooden table.

I know Stan has all the information about his recruits, how else would he have been able to show me the video.

Opening the laptop, the screen lights up, my eyes scanning ths screen as I groan when the words enter password are written across the screen.

Would in the hell would Stan Hurley put as a password?

I don't know him, at all.

I bite my lip, checking my wrist watch, the time now reading 4:08.

I try typing Irene Kennedy as a password, seeing that her and Stan seem close, but it only denies me access, leaving me with two chances left.

After a lot of thinking, my eyes travel to my watch again, the time now reading 4:15.

Almost giving up, I decide to try the most common password anyone can have, typing the numbers 12345.

Suprisingly, the laptop unlocks, leaving me to smirk to myself.

I quickly scroll to Stan'd documents, my eyes landing on the word recruits as I double click, the list of the recruit names showing up.

My eyes search for Mitch Rapp's file, and when I finally land on it, my heart starts to hammer in my chest.

This isn't the right thing to do, but I just can't help it.

With a sigh, I double click on his name, a video popping up as I am hesitant to press play, but finally coming to a decision, I press the button, the video starting.