2

Song-Drag Me Downby One Direction

Song-Drag Me Down
by One Direction

"ARE YOU going to tell me what happened?" My eyes doesn't meet Irene's, they stay focused on the metal table in front of me, the walls of the interrogation room somehow making my claustrephobic, but I push the intimidation away.

"Why should I? Besides, it's none of your business." She raises her eyebrows at this, her lips pursing into a thin line as the crinkles on her forehead becomes clearer.

"Ms. Woods, you're looking at twenty plus years in jail, you killed two men just a few hours ago, and should I remind you that we know it was you who killed Mohammed Lin, George Montego, Sinda Ralph, the list goes on, I'm looking at more than ten names, more than ten people who was murdered by you."

That was it.

"Bullshit." She raises her eyebrows, clearly amused and intrigued by my sudden outburst, which is not over yet.

"I know that the CIA has been after those names, those people, for years, you, Miss Irene Kennedy, Chief operator of the CIA, and your team, were to weak to track them down and to kill them, thus, I did your job for you, so do not dare to call me a murderer. Yes, I have killed people, but they needed to be killed!" My voice has risen, my mouth dry from my outburst.

It had to be said.

There is a silence after that, the only sound being heard is Irene tapping on the metal table with a pen, the gesture irratating me.

"Very true." Irene nods after a few seconds, placing her head in the palm of her hand, her eyes meeting mine.

"How did you get the information? How did you know who we were searching for?" I try not to falter, not to let her see through me, there is no way in hell I'm going to rat out Victor Boyce, he is my boss, rather he was.

I don't think he wants anything to do with me after the shit I caused to today, but still, I will stay true to him, he has helped me, and I am thankful for that.

"It doesn't matter," I finally speak up, "what matters is that I did your job for you."

Irene Kennedy is silent. It amuses me. She does not know what to say, nor how to react, and for the first time in this interrogation, I have the upper hand.

"You make a valid point," she breathes out, "you did help the CIA, in more ways than one, but you are not part of the CIA, which does not give you the power of killing our enemies. You are also withelding information, such as, you won't tell us who you work for, but," she pauses, almost dramatically, her finger tapping on the steel table, reolacing the pen from earlier, as I try not to lose my patience, "I will let that slide. For now. We'll get back to it later. I want you to tell me, why did you want to kill Ahmed Ali? The CIA wasn't in search for him, we didn't even know of him nor his criminal activities before you brought him to our attention."

Her voice starts to fade, my throat becoming dry and my hands starting to shake, it was as if, for a moment, my brain stopped working.

I could not focus, nor recall what Irene had said, the only images flashing through my mind was what Ahmed Ali did. To me. To my family.

"Nicole." My eyes snap open wide, my breathing eratic, yet I somehow find a way to control it.

"Nicole, what did he do to you?" Irene is pushing me, and she really shouldn't.

"It's okay, we don't have to talk about what happened." She concludes after a moment, obviously noticing my petrified state, but I know that she alresdy knows what he did to me.

She knows why I dissapeared for two year. Why I became a ghost. She knows what Ahmed Ali and his allies had done. What they had put me through. She knows why I wanted to kill him and why I trained for two years to fulfill the tasks single handedly, yet, she send in her team, doing my work that I wanted to do for me, killing Ahmed.

"You know why." My voice is light, shaky, but it is still, hopefully, bitter.

Irene nods, proving my thoughts correct.

"I know, and I am sorry." I almost want to roll my eyes.

Sorry is what people say when they don't have anything else to say. It's the only word they can muster up to reveal their pity. I have heard people apologizing too many times and I am sick of hearing it several more times.

"My team," she begins, "wants me to sentence you, but that's not what I want." My head perks up, a sudden need of curiosity takes over as I eye her for any suspicious behavior.

"What do you want?"

"I want to help you. I want to send you into Stan Hurley's program."

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." My words leave my mouth harshly, laced with venom.

"Don't you think that if I wanted to join the CIA I would've? And do I need to remind you about my criminal record?"

"Listen to my proposition. If you go to his program as a recruit, he'll teach you everything you need to know. And if you pass it, you'll become part of the CIA, if you become part of the CIA, your criminal record will be scraped."

This actually sounds fair and tempting. The CIA is not for me, I do not like to be ordered, especially not by Irene, but I do believe in justice.

"Why me?" Out of all the questions sworming in my mind like bees, I choose to ask that one.

"Because I don't think you're a bad person. I don't think you kill without reason. I think you're a good person, who has been through so much shit that you think revenge is the only way out."

Her words are true, so true, and they strike a nerve. I think them over, and with a final decision, I nod.

"I'll be a recruit." Irene gives a light smile, gathering her files on the table, standing up as the chair screeches.

"I'll let Hurley know. You and Rapp will start tomorrow."

"Rapp?" Irene bites her lip and I can sense that she let something slip that he wasn't supposed too, though she nods,

"Mitch Rapp."

-
Edited: 03 Feb 2018

A/N

What did you guys think?
Any questions?

They finally meet in the next chapter whoop whoop

Sparrow303, thanks for creating this^^

Ohh, and how do you guys feel about Teen Wolf's final episode?

I am crushed that it ended. I legit cried😯

Thanks for reading and getting this story to 200 reads, you guys are literally so awesome x