Chapter 58

Tris POV

I think my heart might've skipped a beat when Tobias begged me to take him back. He still wanted me? But why? What do I have that other girls don't? Nothing. Just nothing. I shrug it off and walk hand-in-hand with Tobias to the Cafeteria. I can't wait to tell everyone I'm back and Tobias and I are okay. But something tells me they already know. We walk in and suddenly people are throwing flower petals at us. It startles me actually.

"What the heck!" I yell. I look up and see all of our friends laughing at Tobias and I completely covered in rose petals.

"What is this?!" I yell.

"We wanted to celebrate you and Four's reunition!" Says a very perky Christina.

"What's this?" Tobias says as he picks a rose petal out of his hair and makes a face at it.

"A flower petal, DUH!" Says Uriah.

"Uri, we're dauntless... Where exactly did you get these?" I ask.

"Amity!" Zeke says same amount of perkiness as his brother.

"Uh.. They just let you take these?" I ask.

"No..." Uriah says softly. Then Marlene's eyes widen.

"URI! You said it was ok to use these!" She says.

"It is! I don't see any amity soldiers here to arrest us!" He says pointing to the door. Everyone turns and glares at Uriah.

"What!!" He says.

"AMITY SOLDIERS?! REALLY URIAH!" Yells Tobias. I giggle. I could never picture an amity as a soldier, that's just too funny.

"Don't worry buddy! I went in there with all ma swag, stole the dang flowers, and came back with all ma swag! I think we're good!" He says. Marlene smacks his arm.

"OW WOMAN!" He says, she sticks her tongue out at him and smiles innocently. We all laugh and decide to head back to dauntless and ditch the rest of school.

*time lapse*

I decided to stay with Tobias tonight. A lot happened today and I just feel the need to be with him. We get into bed and he holds me close to him. I start to think about school and the job I'm going to pick. We graduate next week, and after graduation we pick our jobs. Except for Tobias, he already has a part time job in the control room and after he graduates, he'll work there full time. He'll also train the initiates, just like he did with me, except he'll be out of school this time.

"Hey.. Tobias?" I whisper.

"Mm?" I hear.

"I'm scared." I say.

He opens his eyes immediately and tighten his grip on me.

"Why?" He says.

"What job do I pick? I mean after graduation? What do I do?" I say.

"Whatever makes you happy." He says kissing my forehead.

"But.. I want to be with you." I say.

"If that what makes you happy, then don't let anything hold you back." He says. I bite the inside of my cheek. What do I want? I can't seem to figure it out. There may not be many options, but they all come with their pros, and cons. I just can't pick which journey to face.

"Sleep, you need it." He says. I nodd and bury my face into his shoulder slowly letting the darkness fade my world.