Chapter 47

Tris POV

The last thing I remember is falling asleep in Tobias's arms. I wake when a huge crash of thunder shakes the room and a flash of lightning blinds my eyes. I don't enjoy storms very much. I look over at the clock and it reads 2:30 a.m.More thunder continues to rumble and I feel nervousness flow throughout my body. I hide my face into Tobias's shoulder making me feel more secure.

I hear his low voice speak up, I must've woken him.

"You alright?" He asks. I nod not removing my face from his shirt. He rubs circles on my back with his hand and it makes me feel calmer. Then I hear a creak noise. I look up at Tobias but he didn't seem to hear it because his eyes are closed again. Then I hear another noise. What if it's another kidnapper? Then I hear a big thump. Tobias definitely heard that because he bolts up.

"I'll go see what that is." He says. I just stare at him.

"W-wait, don't leave me!" I say.

He sighs, "Ok you can come but stay behind me ok?"

I nod and Tobias grabs a knife from his closet. I raise an eyebrow.

"So you just happen to have a knife hanging around in your closet?" He smirks.

"This is dauntless, not erudite. You're not going to open my closet and find loads of books honey." He says, I giggle at that. But then I think of Caleb. I wonder how he's doing. He never really talked to me at visiting day. I shake the thought and follow Tobias out to the living room. Then I hear a crash coming from the kitchen. Tobias holds up the knife ready to throw it at any second. Another thunder shakes the room and a flash of lightning follows it. I see a figure in the window as the lightning lights the room. I scream and Tobias holds his hand out in front of me pushing me behind him. I stay as close and I possibly can to Tobias.

"You better show yourself or else you get stabbed." Tobias says in his 'instructor Four' voice. Low and threatening.

"Jeez calm down Mr. Grumpy pants." A familiar voice says.

"Zeke?!?!" Four says lowering the knife.

"Yeah buddy?" He says

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Tobias yells.

"Well you see... Shaunna and I were baking a pie but I ran out of eggs. So um... Do you have any eggs?" He asks.

"ZEKE ITS 2 A.M! FIRST OF ALL, YOU SCARED THE LIFE OUT OF TRIS AND I, AND SECOND OF ALL HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF KNOCKING?!" Tobias says irritated.

"I know, but we were bored. And actually I have heard of knocking but it's just so... Amity..." He says.

Tobias rolls his eyes. "Zeke... Get out." He says.

"So wait.. Is that a yes on the eggs?" Zeke asks.

"Go bother your brother." Tobias says, I giggle at that.

"But-"

"GOODBYE ZEKE!" Tobias says pointing to the door. Zeke mumbles something but I don't hear it. Once Zeke closes the door, Tobias runs to it and locks it. I giggle again. Thunder crashes again making me jump. Tobias wraps his arms around my waist and kisses the top of my head. I hide my face into his shirt and take a deep breathe. After a while we head back into Tobias's bedroom and lay there watching the lighting light up the room every few seconds. We talk for a little bit holding eachother. I could get used to this.