Thirty

Kalani and I get up from the hotel and get ready in lightning fast speed. We rush downstairs to the lobby with our luggage fearful of what would happen if we ended up late. The two of us devised a plan to wake up as late as possible without actually being late. All in an effort to get the most sleep we can. Which is why we have to rush downstairs.

"We did it." Kalani high fives me out of breath.

Hunching over leaning on my luggage I give her a high five, "Wow that was a rush." I stagger my words between breaths.

"Come on girls lets go." Abby hollers at us.

Kalani and I sigh and drag our luggage outside where everyone else is. We had to get rid of all the rental cars yesterday so now we're forced to pile into Uber's as well as Ally and Rebecca's cars.

"Katie!" I hear a little boy scream as I go to get into Rebecca's car. I turn around and see cute little Will running toward me.

"Will!" I try to act just as excited as he was. He runs up to me and gives me a big hug.

"I haven't see you in hours!" He explains making me laugh.

"I know yesterday was a long time ago."

"Very long time." Will nods his head. He's quiet for a moment before starting up again. "Hey do you want to ride in the car with me?" He says excitedly.

"Of course!" I agree.

"Let's go!" He grabs my hand and drags me to Ally's car.

Ally is sitting in the drivers seat, Cameron in the passenger seat. In the back there are three spots one taken by Will's car seat. I will fill one and Kalani decides she will ride with us too filling the remaining seat.

"Morning girls." Ally greets us as we get into the car.

"Morning." We reply back with smiles.

"Are you girls excitedly about today?" She asks.

"Yeah it'll be a long day but I think it'll be fun." I answer.

"Way to stay on the positive side, I'm excited to see you girls compete. The last time Cameron did a  competition was so long ago."

"Ah yes my cringeworthy dance competition days." Cameron hops into the conversation.

"Awe they weren't cringeworthy they were cute." Ally argues.

"Whatever you say Mom." Cameron laughs. Cameron is now a company dancer however he does not compete. He attends workshops, practices, and of course participates in his studio's recitals.

Soon we all arrive back the same venue as yesterday. All we have to do today is do the showcase and meet and greet session two. However when we get there, three giant buses are waiting outside.

"Those must be the tour buses." Ally says as we pull into a parking spot.

"Really!" Kalani asks evidently excited. We all jump out of the car enthused to see the buses. Lighting fast the luggage from the car is unloaded and hauled over to the buses where the bus driver is taking people's stuff and tucking it away in the compartment below.