Nineteen

Kalani, Kendall and I wake up from when all three of our phone alarms start raging. Setting all of our phone alarms is a really good system because it makes all three of us have to turn our alarms off. We probably have the best system out there if you ask me. Eventually we get out of bed and get ready. Thanks to the alarms I didn't drag anyone out of bed because of my excitement. The regular competition nerves are already coming back and we haven't even arrived at the competition yet. My nerves usually don't start kicking in this early but they're probably already here because there's so much on the line for this competition. Between the Candy Apple's, other ALDC girls I have to go compete against, and all the other great competitors at the competition, we have our work set out for us. It's going to be a very long day for us.

Yesterday Abby decided she wanted us to arrive all old school to the competition today so she got her hands on some replica old ALDC jackets. The jackets are black, pink, and white and were worn in the earlier seasons of Dance Moms. Because of Abby's orders all of us girls are wearing the jackets, with leggings. Underneath the jackets we all also have matching black ALDC bra tops.

It feels super weird wearing these jackets because they are a thing from the distant past

It feels super weird wearing these jackets because they are a thing from the distant past. A time where this team looked completely different. However it is pretty fun to embody the old team. It almost feels like I've gone through a time machine back to the beginning of Dance Moms.

"Everyone ready to go?" Jill ask after we've all received our to go breakfast smoothies. We double check to make sure we have everything and reply with a yes.

We load into the car and head off to the studio. When we arrive, the big long bus is already waiting for us in the parking lot. Everyone puts their extra competition belongings in the luggage compartment located on the bottom of the bus. Then everyone gets on the actual bus with important bus ride necessities so that those belongings can be easily accessed at any given moment. Those types of belongings can include phones, snacks, headphones, portable chargers, and more. All of us girls and Gino sit in the back of the bus while the moms, Mickey, Abby, and Gianna sit in the front, as per usual for the separate kid and adult sections.

The bus ride begins and Maddie, Nia, and I watch some Riverdale on the iPad. Mackenzie and Brynn are online shopping. Jojo and Gino are separately watching YouTube. How awkward. Kalani is half asleep and is scrolling through social media. Lastly Kendall in texting Conor while listening to some music. Although when isn't Kendall texting Conor? She's completely obsessed with that boy.

After Abby stops yelling at the bus driver for a while she sits up high in her seat and gets everyone's attention. It was perfect timing too because we just finished our Riverdale episode. "Kids this competition is extremely important for all of you. So none of you should take it lightly. How you place today will determine what routines you will be doing in Australia at the first competition. If you bomb a  solo for example today, you may not even be in the group routine there. Or you might not even be in Australia because everyone is replaceable and if you loose to those Rotten Apples you might just kiss your spot here goodbye. Does everyone understand?" We all nod our heads and say yes to Abby. "Good." She says flatly.