Forty Six

"Bailey what the fuck are you doing? Give him to me." Melrose stepped closer to her as she sat in the rocking chair, letting him suck on her breast. If she wasn't holding him, Melrose would've charged at her for being disgusting. Who feeds another woman's child their breast and doesn't have an ounce of milk to give?

"He's so adorable. Looking just like his handsome father." Bailey ignored her, gawking at the baby in front of her. She was jealous of Melrose before, but it's grown into something far worse now that she's birthed Raine's children. "He's supposed to be my son. Your daughter was supposed to be mine and Raine, my husband. All of this should've been mine, but you just had to bring your miserable ass around again."

"What are you talking about? I didn't go looking for Raine, Bailey. He came to me. You would've known that had you asked before causing all this drama for a year."

"None of that matters anymore, Mel." She moved Cayden away, putting him on her shoulder as if he'd really finished eating. "You don't matter anymore because mommy's home and your temporary position is no longer needed."

Melrose fumed the more she watched a psycho hold her son. He had absolutely nothing to do with the hatred Bailey harbors for her and shouldn't be put in the crossfire of whatever is about to happen.

"Look, you have an issue with me, that's fine, but don't bring my babies into this mess. Do you want to fight me, Bailey? Will that make you feel better? Fight me, then. Put him down and fight me, woman to woman. If I win, you have to leave us alone for good. You win, I will pack up my things and walk away from Raine without so much of an explanation."

Bailey seemed to have been thinking about the proposal. Melrose wouldn't dare agree to her end of the deal, but she did want to put her hands-on Bailey and strangle her to death. She looked up at Melrose with an emotionless expression on her face and suddenly burst into laughter, scaring Cayden.

"That was cute, Mel. You almost had me there." She wiped the tears from her eyes. "I'm not stupid, ok. I know you'd never leave Raine willingly and I'm sure as hell not walking away from my future husband, so no, I don't want to fight you. In fact, I don't want you breathing anymore because as long as you are, Raine will always find his way back to you and I can't have any distractions. Unless of course, I can get someone to occupy your time."

"Someone like who?" Melrose hesitantly asked.

Smirking deviously, Bailey slowly stood to her feet and walked pass Melrose without a care in the world. She knew Melrose wouldn't try anything with Cayden in her arms. Mel watched intensely as she opened the door separating the twins rooms and her eyes widened when Jamar walked in holding Amandla.

"Told you I'd be back."

"What the-how did you two get together? I don't-I don't understand." Mel stuttered over her words. She wasn't afraid of either of them. She just really couldn't fathom the link up between them.

"Scared much?" Bailey laughed, switching Cayden from her right shoulder to the left.

"Not at all. I just want to know why two delusional people are in my home, holding my kids' hostage."

Bailey's laughing ceased upon being called out of her name. "I'd watch your words if I were you. You wouldn't want anything to happen to these precious gems."

"You wouldn't hurt them. You're too afraid of being rejected by Raine to jump that stupid."

"Where is he by the way? He hasn't come to check on you yet."

"If I may intervene for a second, I'm proud to say I'm the reason why he isn't here." Jamar spoke up. "I caught him trying to sneak into Amandla's room once he figured out Bailey was here and I kindly force fed him a little ketamine. Not a lot to kill him or overdose, just to get him high and feeling right. He's probably somewhere around feeling on cloud nine and confused."