Ten

I slept all of six hours before my body lightly shook, disturbing my sleep. I opened one eye to see Raine hovering over me shirtless with a plate of breakfast. Rolling over on my back, I shielded my face from the sun's beam of light. He sat the plate at the foot of the bed. "You have a spa appointment at ten-thirty, so I need you to get up, eat and shower."

I tried to fight off the smile threatening to tattoo my face. "That's thoughtful of you, but I figured we'd do something together."

"And we will, but today is all about pampering you." Even though I'm super sleepy, I forced myself out of bed and into the bathroom to freshen my breath and face. Eating before brushing your teeth disgusts me. After using the toilet, I washed my hands and quickly fixed my hygiene if I wanted a hot breakfast. Going back into the room, I sat in my previous spot and Raine placed the tray in my lap. Picking up the omelet he prepared, I bit into a piece of heaven. The cheese was dripping down my chin onto my hands and the plate.

"Mmm." I moaned in satisfaction. "This is savory Raine. Did you make it?"

"I sure did." He boasted, beating his chest.

"Show off." I bit into it again and again until there was nothing left. He gave me a glass of fresh orange juice to wash it down. "Thank you. You really know how to get down in a kitchen."

"Well, you know I do what I can." He checked his phone and shooed me away. "Now go on and get in the shower. You have less than an hour to get to the Ritz Hotel and it's gonna take us a solid thirty minutes to get there. "

Jumping up, I dashed towards the bathroom and began stripping out of my clothes. Walking inside of the shower, I turned the knobs until my water was at a tolerable temperature.

"Crap." I mumbled once I realized, I didn't have a towel or wash rag. Now, I have to risk Raine seeing my nude body. "Raine, can you bring me a towel and wash rag please?"

He didn't answer, so I assumed he didn't hear me. Growing frustrated, I opened the shower door to step out at the same time Raine entered the bathroom. Stumbling back inside, I was lucky the hot water steamed the glass. "Look up." I hear him say. Grabbing the rag out of his hand, I thanked him and waited until I was alone to continue my shower.

Once I felt clean enough, I stepped out and wrapped the towel around me. There was a cute burgundy dress laid on the bed with a pair of black and gold sandals. It wasn't mine, leaving me to believe Raine went out and purchased it. When did he have time to go anywhere? I thought. Drying off, I quickly slipped the dress on before searching through my bags for a pair of panties. Since I was going to a spa, I opted out on lotion and makeup, settling with deodorant. Pinning my hair up, I grabbed my clutch and went to find Raine. He had gotten dressed as well and was in the living room on his phone. Noticing my presence, he stood to his feet and outstretched his hand for me. I went along with it and we walked hand in hand out the door and to our awaiting ride.

"Good morning, Lee." I greeted him since Raine was in his own conversation.

"Good morning, Ms. Melrose. How are you today?" He queried.

"I'm great and I told you Melrose or simply Mel will suffice." He laughed and continued to drive in silence. I knew he was just doing his job, but I'm not Raine. They didn't need to be formal with me. Speaking of, he had ended his call, but his phone still held his attention and it annoyed me. Snatching it out of his hand, I looked down to see that he was conducting business.

"You're not supposed to have any dealings with work while we're here." I reminded him, exiting out of his emails.

"It's really important, Mel. That's a ten million dollar deal you just closed out of." He stared at me as if I'm supposed to care and give his phone back.